s i x

06

Hypothesis; displaying any emotions (both good and bad) will create the tendency for the male population to flirt shamelessly and tag me jealous.

There was no way in hell I'd let Cherry come anywhere near my outfit planning ever again. Not after yesterday's episode.

She and Carol had classes by eight and they also had to meet up with Chanelle first so they could go together. So instead of me to get up by seven thirty to get ready for the day, I waited till it was just a few minutes till eight and they'd left the hostel.

As soon as they shut the door—quietly, so they wouldn't 'wake' me—I dashed out of bed and practically flew into the bathroom to quickly get ready. After having my bath and brushing my teeth, I hurried to my bedside table where my phone was and picked up the device. To see the time.

One glance later, I was in the wardrobe, shifting hanger after hanger to the side before I set my eyes on the faded black shirt I was going to wear yesterday. I snatched it up to check for any holes. After a quick scan to be sure, I tucked it under my armpit and snagged the beige cargo shorts that were right beside it before throwing them both on with the only pair of sneakers I had and hurrying back into the room.

It didn't take too long to get my bag packed for school. Basically it was just; art textbook, sketchpad, pencil, pen, lip balm, literature textbook, my copy of the love hypothesis which I was going to finish off today at the library and...

I stood upright and searched the bed for it, frowning when I couldn't spot it. I checked the bedside table as well only to get no luck either.

Spotting my phone on Carol's bed, I zipped up my bag and hurried over to it, picking it up and tucking it into one of my pockets. After another small search, I found my earphones and shoved them into the same pocket where my phone was before holding my braids up in a ponytail and securing it with a rubber band.

Not a second later, I was out of there, locking the door behind me, placing the key on the hook and bounding down the stairs.

I wasn't hurrying to impress Daniel. Quite the opposite actually, I was hurrying so I could get there before him and express my disappointment in his lateness.

"Morning, Mrs Smith," I sang as I passed her. In reply, she smiled and waved, sending a small greeting my way but I was already out the door before I could reply.

Once on the sidewalk, I plugged in my earphones, blocking out the sounds of honking cars and walking students on Campus. With the soft bass of Melon cake by Demi Lovato blasting into my eardrums on the highest volume, I began my journey to the largest cafeteria in the school on my quest to get a guy to fall for me.

At least enough to get the money I needed.