t h r e e

03

Hypothesis; if I do absolutely nothing, someone would try to buy me.

I couldn't help it

I couldn't help it. I just couldn't. And it was totally out of my control, like my brain was in control of itself now and not me anymore. But my lips parted, and I asked, "Solution to what problems?"

"La acabamos de conocer, Chanelle. We can't just reel her into this," commented Carol.

Chanelle who had obviously ignored me, faced Carol. "What does it matter? She has everything we need."

At this final point, I decided I'd had enough of the three of these ladies. My frown returned in full swing and I crossed my arms over my chest, probably looking stupid in a towel but did I care?

That's right.

"Okay, I have had just about enough of the three of you talking over me like I'm some piece of meat you all want-"

Chanelle cut me off. "How much?"

I eyed her with a corked brow. "Huh?"

She stepped closer and shrugged. "How much do you want, Noah? Name it and I'll deliver."

My jaw hit the ground. The nerve! The audacity. The effrontery. The temerity. The shingles! "You bitch!"

She cracked up her smirk again and nodded towards her friends. "You think she can't do it? No one in their right minds would dare speak to me like that. Yet here we are!"

"Okay listen here, Chanelle." I wagged a finger at her, and it pissed me all over again when her expression turned amused. She was going down. "I don't need your stupid money and I don't care who or what you are. But you won't come into my room and insult me like you own the fucking place, mierda."

While Chanelle's eyebrows shot up, Carol oohed behind me. "That means shit. She called you a shit."

Chanelle glared at Carol. "I know that," she seethed, her gaze coming back to me. "You know my father's the owner of this school, right?"

My facial expression didn't even flinch but inside, I was a wreck. Did I just insult the VC's daughter?

Of course, I didn't say that. I whipped out my own smirk and showed her my middle finger. "Do you think I give a fuck?"

This time, both Carol and Cherry oohed. I could have sworn I saw a muscle in Chanelle's eye twitch. But she kept it cool. It had to be her superpower. Pretending to be unaffected.

Well bad news for her because I was trained to not let anything show.

She took some steps back and turned to Carol. "She has to be the one."

"I am right here!" I hissed. "And you're yet to explain what the fuck you're talking about."

Chanelle shook her head in disbelief and opened her mouth to say something, but her phone rang, cutting her off. She shared a look with Carol before nodding and heading out of the room to take her call.