9- The chest

He moved the leaves aside , and there it was . In the middle of a lake ,who's water was as clear as glass ,there stood a hexagonal pillar on top of which was placed the thing they had been searching for the past day .

The chest .

The chest which could kill the witch .

There was a golden white brigde which took them to the platform on which was situated the pillar. The chest was a golden brown colour and had rusted over time .

Rudra tried to pick it up but it was too heavy

Rudra tried to pick it up but it was too heavy . He turned the wheel which opened the chest . There was click sound and then it opened . There was a smaller golden box, with detailed carvings, inside it.

He picked it up and handed it to Nanthita. "Dhundo.Dayan kabhi bhi aa sakti hai. (Find. The witch can come anytime now.)" She nodded and opened the box .

The box was filled with black hair . What she had to was find the one and only lice in it and kill it . They both started searching until he heard shuffling in the bushes behind them . He gestured her to continue while he checks .

He stood up and turned around to see the witch laughing evilly. "Tum itni asani se nhi ja sakte (you can't go so easily.)" She attacked on him saying it .

Her long nails pierced his . He hissed in pain . He took out his sword and was surging towards her. The witch did another spell  some glass shards flew towards him . "Is baar nhi .. (not this time. )" She scowled angrily. Rudra dodged them easily while moving forward with his sword. The witch threw her hand forward and  the sword went flying into the bushes .

He heard a loud screeching sound . He turned around to see Nanthita's wounded hand was cut by one of the glass shards. He went running towards her . How dare anyone hurt Nanthita . He was full of rage . He got up angrily and marched towards the witch .

The witch just smirked at him. Her prey was coming right into her arms. Just when he was a few feet away from her she held her hand outward and grabbed his neck . Except that she wasn't touching him. Still rudra felt her scrawny fingers dig into his skin . He couldn't breath and the witch was enjoying seeing all this . She laughed evilly when the prince struggled to come near her. She moved her hand up and Rudra feet left the ground. He was floating in the air.  He kicked his feet harshly in the air. He felt the air leave his lungs . He wouldn't be able to stay much longer.

"Nahi!! Unhe chod dijiye ! Main tumhare saath Jane ke liye tayaar hun ...(No!! Leave him alone! I'm ready to go with you ..)"

-----
Sorry for the late update .. i have no reason this time except i had guests over.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter .

Vote comment and share!

-orlet