8- Middle of the forest

They moved through the thick lush green forest. They had been walking for the past one hour or so.

"Suniye, hum thodi der yahan theher sakte hain? Hume thakan mehesoos ho rhi hai . ( Listen , can we stop here for a while? I feel tired.)" Nanthita said , her voice breathless.

Rudra turned and sat her under a tree. "Han , tum yahan beithi rho mein kuch khane ke liye lata hun . (Yes , u sit here , I'll bring something for us to eat.) " Rudra roamed inside the forest searching for fruits.

Nanthita sat peacefully under the tree. Her eyes drifted down but she tried hard to keep them open .

Rudra was finally coming back with some fruits in his hands. He came where he had left his princess, but he couldn't find her. He looked nearby that area but she was still out of sight. Where could she have gone? Rudra dropped the fruits there and started searching for Nanthita. " Nanthita! " He called out but there was no response . He became frantic . Had the witch taken her back? But she couldn't be alive so fast. Nanthita had told it took atleast a day. He ran a hand through his hair while frantically looking for her here and there. His ears were ringing and his heart was throbbing fast.

He heard heavy stomping sounds but ignored them as he thought it was  his heart. But the ground started rumbling then. He looks around, his forehead creased, slowly . He noticed a big monster heading his way.

It was giant , almost as big as the trees. Rudra had defeated many monsters but this one was way too big .When it came closer , Rudra saw that he was holding Nanthita. His princess. He had to protect her .

He ran towards the giant . It slammed it fist to the ground , and it shook violently .  Rudra fell down . The giant is slow if Rudra is fast enough he could defeat it. The giant came nearer.  Rudra held his sword tight and pierced it in the giants foot . It went off balance and  loosened his grip on Nanthita.

She was falling down. Rudra ran towards her and caught her just in time. He was holding her bridal style. He layed her down under a tree , her back against the trunk of the tree. He checked her pulse. She was alive . Just unconscious.

Just then the monster uprooted a tree and slammed it behind Rudra.  He became alert, and turned round. His sword was still in its foot . He ran towards its foot dodging all the hits of the monster. He held his sword and twisted it while removing it. The monster growled in pain . It tried to hit him but missed. Its head was going dizzy . He fell down by the time Rudra removed the sword.

The giant was still alive but it looked like it would die due to blood loss. Rudra could care less about it.  It shouldn't have hurt Nanthita .He ran and kneeled in front of her checking for any wounds. She had scratch on her right arm which was oozing blood .

He quickly searched for the herbs and crushed them for applying it on her hand. He wiped the excess blood , spread the paste and tied a leaf to cover it .

She felt his lips on her forehead and immediately blushed. Her eyes were closed but she was awake.  She felt weird sensation in her stomach . She felt happy. Kind of . Except that she was hurt and the witch was still after her.

She fluttered open her eyes . Rudra was smiling down at her . "Maine humare liye kuch khane ke liye laya hai . (I brought something for us to eat .)"

They ate in comfortable silence and continued their journey through forest . To find the thing that would kill the witch. The only way to kill the witch.

Which lies in the middle of the forest.

-------

Umm sorry for the late update. I was kinda confused how should I start this chapter. With telling the plan first or directly execute it. So as u see i have not mentioned what's going to kill the witch and directly stated to, y'know , create a suspence.

And ig this is the longest chapter of this book.

Do u like the longer ones or the shorter ?

And.. I'm warning you the next chapter might be gross.

Vote ,comment and share lovelies!