𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Ever since Mitsuya knew (Y/N), of course he learned about her pessimistic side and her tendency to overthink to some things that may have appear differently than how it actually is. That's why he's just this angry upon seeing this unpleasant sight before him. 

And what more, is the fact that he could feel (Y/N)'s tremors in his hold made Mitsuya to feel more anger to accumulate inside of him.

(Y/N)-san. .

It was then when he spotted a bag on the floor and he raised an eyebrow at it. "Why is there a bag here. ." He muttered to himself, but (Y/N) happened to hear him as her soft but hushed voice croaked out an answer to him, "C-Chifuyu-kun. . he said he's going to Baji-san's classroom to tutor him and help him. . but he forgot his bag, so I thought of bringing it to him and wait for him at the library before going home together." Then as she looked at the worried lavender-haired male, (Y/N) heaved up a small close-eyed smile that ended up to look forced and filled with pain; her closed eyes adorned with tears that were about to fall anytime soon. "But I never expected this. ."

Just as (Y/N) was about to break down and start releasing her tears, Mitsuya's eyes caught the sight of the girl leaving and Chifuyu's figure about to turn around and face them. But before Mitsuya could even let that happen, the said lavender-haired male quickly engulfed (Y/N) in his arms, buried her head in his shoulder, and spun the two of them around, before quickly opening the classroom door beside them and brought themselves inside without wasting any time.

The classroom was surprisingly empty, and Mitsuya was just thankful it is. Or he might've to face the embarrassment of having people see him hugging a girl.

In her whole life, (Y/N) never thought that she would feel this warm, safe, and secured with Mitsuya, other than the warmth and security she feels from Chifuyu. Ignoring the wetness sliding through her cheeks, (Y/N), who had her head safely tucked against Mitsuya's shoulder, croaked out her words, ". . Mitsuya-san, why. ."

In response to (Y/N), instead of answering her through words, Mitsuya only tightened his arms around her small, fragile figure; holding it close to him with gentleness, being careful not to break her more than she is already now.

Just. . just for a while, let me receive your tears. Let me be close to you, just for a while.

.

.

.

An annoyed grumble flew out of his lips as Chifuyu was about to make his way back to the classroom. "Ugh. . how is she related to me. . she's so persistent and too energetic. ." He was referring to the girl who came to the school a while ago, which happened to be his cousin; all the while he was talking to her, Chifuyu was so embarrassed and flustered, all because of his cousin teasing him about returning an appreciation gift to (Y/N), who visited him and took care of him.

Chifuyu didn't knew what to do to return (Y/N)'s kindness back, so he had sent a message to his cousin and asked her about it; he could've asked Hina or Takemichi, but he remembered that his partner will be having a date with Hina today. So he had no choice but to ask his loud and overenergetic cousin.

But as soon as he started walking back to his classroom, his eyes spotted his own bag laying on the ground, and this made Chifuyu to blink his eyes dumbfoundedly. "How the hell did my bag ended up here?" Various reasons why his bag ended here filled his mind, though nonetheless, he picked his bag up, just being thankful somehow that he doesn't have to go back to his classroom all for his bag, and then started walking to where Baji's classroom is; he must be waiting already, and he couldn't afford to make Baji wait longer.