Epilogue

Ten months after the fiasco in California, Kaori and Ryuuzaki were safely settled in back at the Investigation Headquarters. They had informed the fellow Task Force members of the situation with the Kira they had discovered, but nothing regarding the girl's real name or the relationship that developed between the two individuals.

Yet, that didn't mean that it was unnoticed by the others, nor did Ryuuzaki allow a day to go by that he didn't kiss the girl, whether they were in a room full of people or not.

While the threat of Kira still lurked, Ryuuzaki found himself caring more for Kaori than anything else, and the feeling of her body against his in a warm embrace was irreplaceable.

Kaori also discovered enough about the man and his habits to manage to occasionally steal his sweets. Though he always found out that they had gone missing, he never knew where they disappeared to.

And on that particular night, she stole a box of chocolate truffles. She wouldn't eat the entire box of delicacies, but just a few.

But her antics would no longer be excused as Ryuuzaki finally noticed what was happening to his precious sweets, and surely, he wouldn't allow the thief to get away with it.

He knocked on the door, and the girl inside the room shoved a chocolate treat into her mouth before sliding the box into the drawer, hiding it away. "Come in." She said with through the chocolate in her mouth.

She knew it was Ryuuzaki, as no one else visited her own room. "Kaori, I need to ask you something." He sat beside her on the bed and pulled his feet onto the mattress. He wriggled his toes and looked at the girl expectantly, his thumb resting on his lip. "Someone has been stealing my sweets." He began.

Kaori tried to look away, knowing that he had discovered her deceptiveness. But he pinched her cheek tightly and she released a pained noise. "You've been a naughty girl, Kaori." He scolded, though his tone possessed a playful aspect that she only heard a few times. "I'll just take back what you stole..." He mentioned.

Before she could protest, he captured her lips and invaded her mouth. With his tongue, he took the chocolate truffle from her mouth and brought it into his own.

The girl, overwhelmed with embarrassment, shyly averted her gaze when Ryuuzaki released her lips.

He then made an odd comment. "You seem to taste sweeter than the chocolate." He observed.

Kaori pushed him, her cheeks becoming an even brighter shade of red. "You're so weird, Ryuuzaki!" She accused.

Finding her embarrassment amusing, he tried to kiss her again, but she raised her leg to kick him away. "Stop!" She protested, and then laughed as he began to chuckle as well.

Successfully keeping her from kicking him, he pinned her legs down and crawled over her curvaceous body, yet she was laughing too much to notice.

Ryuuzaki kissed her deeply, and when he removed his lips, he said, "How should I punish such a naughty thief...?"

She blinked, surprised by his repetitive kisses as he loomed over her. He then began to kiss her neck, tracing her clavicle with his lips and pulling down the sleeves of her shirt.

Kaori moaned before pushing against his shoulders, preventing him from going any further. "Ryuuzaki, stop. There are cameras and wire-taps in here." She warned, though she knew that he was already aware of that.

He hummed and sat up, his legs on either side of her waist so that she couldn't escape. He reached for the phone on the bedside table and pressed a few numbers.

When the person on the other end answered, his lips curved into a mischievous smile, one that Kaori had grown to love. "Ah, yes, Watari. Please turn off all surveillance in Kaori's room for a while."

"Oh, look at that." Kaori began sarcastically. "You're creepy factor is decreasing."

He chuckled at her as Watari agreed to his instructions, and then he hung up the phone. As soon as he was sure all of the surveillance was turned off, he proceeded to kissing her neck once again.

"Ryuuzaki..." She pouted, feeling as though she could do nothing to stop him.

But he stopped kissing her momentarily to meet her grey eyes. He ran his fingers through her thick hair that sprawled across the pillow.

"No one is watching, listening, or witnessing us right now." He whispered.

Kaori smiled warmly and wrapped her arms around his curved shoulders.

"I love you, Lawliet."