Chapter 9

Kakashi jolted in shock when Lucy slammed her hands at the table one evening when they were watching the television, an angry, confused and frustrated look at her face. "Uh yes? Lucy-chan?" he asked, perplexed by her behavior. She was usually a level headed child who didn't threw tantrums like a normal four year old, probably the only reason Kakashi can stand her despite not liking children because she didn't act like one.

And screw Kakashi because an emotional outburst of a 4 year old female child spikes up his anxieties. Or maybe he's overthinking. 

"Why." she started, the man blinking at her owlishly "Pardon?" he asked.

"Why the fuck does the village hate Naruto?" She asked out of frustration, she had just gotten home from her meeting with Naruto and the heated looks of disgust and hate that the villagers had thrown them hasn't escaped her. Nor the way some shops doesn't accept them and sneered at them, Naruto specifically.

To hear that the village hate him from Pakkun was one thing, To realize the village wanted the sunshine child dead was a trigger, to experience and see first-hand those hatred directed towards the kid was the bomb.  

That question took the wind out of Kakashi's throat, in a metaphorical sense. Because of course Lucy would be curious to why the village hated the kid, especially since she had been with him this whole afternoon and yesterday. Plus she is really way mature for her age.

"Language." he said, because of course he did. Lucy Dragneel was not pleased at all.

"I...can't." He dumbly said, not knowing what to say more and desperately not liking the heated glare the blond was giving him. The topic of Uzumaki Naruto drains Kakashi as it reminds him of the found-family he just lost. The child looked so much like his dead sensei Minato, and shone so bright like the woman he considered an older sister, Kushina. 

"What do you mean you can't? So you do know!" Lucy said, glaring at the older man. And despite being physically smaller and younger than Kakashi, he felt so small being targeted by her glare. Because unbeknownst to Kakashi, Lucy was the only other one who can make Gray and Natsu stop fighting, rivaling Titania's glare. 

"There is history behind that, I'm sorry Lucy. Even if I want to, I can't tell." he sighed, hoping the blond wont press no more. "Can't or wont?" she asked.

"Can't."

This irritated Lucy, so it was fucking high enough reason that an ANBU literally can't say it. "It's backed up by some stupid law is it?" she snarled, still interrogating the poor silver-haired man. Taking his silence as a no, she took a long breath. Knowing she was too pissed at the moment.

She had deducted that even Naruto doesn't know the reason why everyone so hated him, and it showed. The frustration, depressed and very clearly confused face when dirty looks get thrown his way was heart-wrenching. The villagers hated him save for some few who probably remained neutral, or didn't care at all and he didn't know why. 

"Fine, keep your silence." she finally spoke after a moment. Kakashi observed the way she frowned and looked deep in thought "What are you planning?" he asked. 

remnantsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara