There was a series of groans and curses over the line before I got an answer. "I hate that you are so intelligent."

I snickered over the line. "I thought you said before that that is why you like me?" I paused waiting to see if he'd actually answer my question. "So?" I beckoned him.

"I think both," he finally admitted. "Ugh! I don't know! He was definitely my source because I saw the bond and I felt we were on the same energy frequency. He shouldn't feel the bond unless I was his mate. But I don't know if he just approached me because I had an incubus charm, or if he knew we were mates! Because what if I'm not his mate but he's my source. That would suck. The moon goddess would suck if she did that!"

I laughed at his frustration. "I'm sure if he approached you and tried touching you that means you're his mate. He probably thinks you are human. Did you get his number at least?"

"Yeah, he gave it to me and told me to text him, but I haven't," he mumbled.

"When was that?" I asked, glancing at the time. They should be here in a few minutes. Lyle texted me about a half hour ago to say they were leaving.

"Monday." I nearly choked on my own saliva.

"Monday? Six days ago? This wolf is probably scared shitless he's going to be mateless forever now," I barked out.

"Well that's not my fault. It's your moon goddess's fault!" He yelled over the line. That's when an odd realization hit me about this situation.

I took a moment to recompose myself. "Quinn, if you are a werewolf's mate, that would mean you'd have to be part werewolf... And since you think you could be mates, I'm gonna guess you know you are part werewolf."

"Can you just fucking stop being such a know-it-all? Can't you tell it's a touchy subject?" His words were aggressive, but I could tell he wasn't actually mad at me, just more frustrated with the situation.

I smelled Lyle approaching, which increased my nerves that I had managed to hold back thus far. "Just think about texting him, okay? I have to go now since my family is here. Keep me updated, and I'll see you on Monday."

"Yeah, I'll think about it," he grumbled.

"Hey, this will be kinda fun, right? If he thinks you are human, you get to watch him squirm trying to hide his supernaturalness from you and watch him nervously tell you," I joked, which caused him to heavily laugh over the line.

"Ypu are fucking brilliant. Gotta make that wolf work for it, huh? Okay, I'll think more about it." And with that, he said his goodbyes and we hung up the phone just as they knocked at the door.

As soon as I opened the door Luna lunged at me. "My baby! I haven't seen you in weeks!" She cried into my chest. Alpha just rolled his eyes at my mother while Lyle looked amused by her reaction.

"I'll make sure to visit plenty when I'm finally able to, okay?" I promised her as I peeled her arms off me.

She sniffed, but quickly directed her attention to the dinner table. "Oh my! You cooked so beautifully! Did you use the recipe book I gave you?" She questioned as she rushed over to the table.

"Of course, Mom." Lyle walked up to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek as a greeting, which caused our mother to squeal. I turn to her to show my grimace at the noise. "Why don't we sit down to eat?"

Lyle sat next to me and Alpha and Luna sat across from us. Luna began serving the plates because she didn't trust our portion size apparently. "So Blaze, who decorated here?"

I was expecting a question like this from her. "Xander chose everything. It was a birthday present so I could have a place of my own here. His apartment is across the hall, but he spends a lot of time at home," I explained. She hummed, analyzing the room with scrunched eyebrows.