7. 𝓐 𝓭𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮

Start from the beginning

"I have loved you since the moment I met you. "
He turned towards her.
"Miss Avantika Ranganathan, would you be kind enough to be Mrs Avantika Singhania. "
"I would have to think about it. "
"Really?"
He started ticking her mercilessly.
"Yes you fool. I'll marry you "

There was something bewitching about that proposal. There were no rings , no cute decorations , nothing.
Just two souls who loved each other, lying in the grass, beneath an autumn sky.

Dhruv could feel his eyes burning.
No he could not cry here.

"I will not let you marry him.
He is not from our culture. He doesn't even speak our language."
"But I love him appa. "She said holding on to me tight.
"No you don't" he scoffed.

The song was coming to an end now.

You are my happily ever after" Avantu said looking into my eyes.
"I love you too. My sunshine "

He left the stage the moment the music stopped. But a voice refused to leave his head.

"You .... You killed my daughter. "

This was like a dream come true for Mahika

This was like a dream come true for Mahika. He agreed to dance with her. She was so happy that she would kiss Ambika Singhania if she had to.

They made their way towards the dance floor.

Dance.
It was her therapy. It gave her a solitude and purpose. She started studying Kathak when she was 10 and it was her second love after the man in front of her.

He snaked his hand on my waist. She shuddered at his touch on her skin. He had that effect on her body and soul. But did he know that? No
Did he care? No again.

"You will marry Dhruv when you are older and then you will become my daughter for real"
A young Mahika giggled at the words of Gayathri Singhania.
"Sachi?"
"Muchi"

He picked her up and twirled her around. His muscles were hard as rock underneath her hands. Sometimes she found herself dreaming how it would feel to touch those abs with her hands.

"Mahika I know this must be hard for you. But will you marry Dhruv. Atleast to honour the promise both of your mothers made? "
"Of course I will chachi. "
"Is he fine with this?"

She didn't want this day to end. She was living her dream life. She didn't care if he was doing this for a formality, it still made her ecstatic.
She looked up at him with adoration.

"Mahika. I'm going to be forward with you. I don't love you. I never will. You can walk out of this marriage , whenever you want. You are my bestfriend and you always will be. But I don't think I'll be able to see you in any other way. "
Mahika cried herself to sleep on her first night.

The music stopped and Dhruv stormed out of there leaving Mahika alone.
But Mahika couldn't care less. She always taught herself to see the good in everything and this was a huge success. She got to dance with her husband afterall.

Dhruv was tieing the mangalsutra around her neck.
I promise to love you till the end of my life Dhruv. Even if it's one sided.

It does feel pathetic and some might even question her why she was in a marriage with a person who didn't care about her.

Her love was beautiful. Unrequited yet beautiful.

And she didn't care if he loved her back or not , she have enough love in her heart for both of them.

Mohabbat karna hamare bas main nahi hai...
Uss mohabbat se door chale jana
Woh hamare bas mein hai

Hi!!!
How's the chapter???
I wrote it from both of their perspectives to show how different their thoughts were.
I hope you guys liked it.
Dhruv loves his Sunshine so much even now doesn't he?
Poor Mahika
Btw I'm imagining Avantika as Sai pallavi.

It's raining cats and dogs here and I'm freezing to my death

I'm writing this chapter, bundled in my blanket, lying on the bed.
Don't forget to vote and comment.
With Love
Aswa_maya
Unrequited love does not die; it's only beaten down to a secret place where it hides, curled and wounded