12: Snowing Night

"Tianshi Mao, this is my last wish before I meet my demise."

The waiting for war, the grass had long abandoned its life, cries of kids as they were afraid to what's raging outside the fragile wooden doors, mothers having to hold back their tears to bring peace to their house whilst knowing their husbands fighting. The war enraged a small village with no one to worship to, all gods from the sides came and clashed their weapons for the throne.

While Y/n...

They had no one to pray to, hold on to, no one to make their wish come true, they were left alone with only the unwanted immortality of a tiger. Y/n's e/c irises searched under the moonlight,  for the source of the prayer. A sin to pray for someone whom was never supposed to exist until this day, however, even so, they believed Y/n was the one whom could grant their wishes.

"一/n. Y/n."

A voice echoed in their thoughts, slowly snapping away their visions and the prayer that echoed. Instead, their e/c irises glazed themsleves within the golden eyes staring down at them. "Are you really serious about joining the war? You're on the ground, laying defenseless."

Voice stern and serious.

There was no one else other than the vigilant yaksha.

"Xiao, ah一how long have I passed out?"

"You've only fallen to your lower parts for a second. Enemies can take advantage and attack you even if you slack off for a second," Xiao warned.

Geo crystalflies had longed vanished when Y/n borrowed the land as an arena. Y/n stood up. As soon as they did, they swung their legs up to his head whilst swiflty taking their fallen weapon. In process, Xiao backed away, almost loosing his balance by seconds一leaving no open space, Y/n marched towards him, using their hilt and hit the shoulders.

"Just because I'm only a wanderer, doesn't mean anyone can win," they warned back. They had their hand out, patiently waiting for Xiao to take, however he neglected the offer and stood up straight. "..." silence came from  the adeptus.

The feeling blooming within his chest brought discomfort, unwillingly he averted his golden gaze to a place where he didn't need to meet Y/n's eyes. Shame was what he felt perhaps.

"...Sorry, I got carried away for a second."

"There's no need to be sorry if all you do is being a soldier," Xiao replied.

"No, even a soldier mustn't fall for their opponent's words一ah, let's just stop it here."

Y/n walked away. Their steps were fleeting light as a feather, no rustles of their movements to be heard. They swiftly grabbed two towel and threw it to Xiao. "I don't need一"

"Can you tell the lord I've got some business to do? Tell him I'll come back when the sun rises."

***

"Oh, is that Y/n? This is very new, they usually confine themselves in their house during winter."

"Shh! Look, it seems like they're searching for a gift!"

"Gift? Could it be for their lover? But since when?"

Whispers from the stall owners passed by, its whispers were brought away by the howling wind.

People's cheer for the snowing night, children played with elation, comfortably strolling around the snowy path. The street was decorated with the colour of red to celebrate tonight's christmas, the colour alone blend in well with the pure snow.