2: Energy Always Remains with the Owner

Snowflakes.

Morax had always thought snowflakes to be beautiful一they could live longer if they hadn't had to fall upon the snowy ground. Once it landed onto anyone's hands, they melted right away一fragile but deadly if it's in blizzard, it reminded him of the times he had to open his eyes and turn his gaze away from the screams and countless death.

Snow fell onto the ground as soft as it could be, to the point they vanished right away once it reached the ground, joining with their fallen families. Snowflakes accompanied the lonely yet lively night inside the bright Wangshuu Inn, Morax's golden eyes watched from afar.

The flaring heat of welcome and love, full of bliss caught his eyes, until一

Morax's eyes glistened up ahead to the sky, wandering aimlessly but he had never expected a figure to fly as high as the glazing moon一expressing the seemingly freedom and something close to the definition of 'hope'.

How did Morax see it all?

He, himself, was not sure.

No normal humans could jump and fly that high.

"We meet again."

Huh一? Morax turned his gaze quickly from the sky back to the person in front of him. "Are you here to see the blessing from the well-known Tianshi Mao?"

Morax's lips pursed shut in confusement, eyes darted toward their mysterious e/c-crystal-like eyes, a familiar feeling tickled Morax's arms to his chest一how odd. How could one eyes that flared like a burning gems could see him even if they were not part of any families? It seemed like they took a notice of his hostile reaction.

"Did this traveler scare you off? My apologies, xian-sheng. I hope you can accept my apology. I'm Y/n, the humble traveler you met the day before," the person called Y/n lowered their head in respect.

The way they spoke and moved as if the moon had watched over them for thousands of years一knowledgable in ethical manners, but also strict in speaking.

"I..."

At this point, he lost it.

"Are you here to tell this traveler to go on a war by the Celestia, or is the faithful mister here to warn me about the uproar that will happen to me?"

. . .

Huh?

How一

"This traveler sees many gods and watched the Celestia above. This traveler's been blessed to see and communicate with the Celestias, spirits, and demons by the world," Y/n explained. They kow-towed before Morax, but he sensed no sincerity一as if they were mocking him.

To be genuine, Morax had heard about the attempt of assasination sent to Y/n, but he didn't expect they would be standing in front of them. "I sensed no sincerity in you, you spoke about respect but I see none. Who are you to be exact?"

A small mischevious smile made its way to their lips, but their gaze still set low from meeting their crystalized e/c eyes with his golden ones.

"I am Y/n, a simple mortal, pardon me for making such confusion and hostility. This traveler hopes you can forgive."

****

A simple life in Liyue with no complications or dramas to be involved was what Zhongli requested for. There seemed to be no point in having to involve such things一but he didn't expect to set his eyes to a certain someone.