10: What Will You Do

War...

War wasn't something everyone wished to participate, let alone, volunteering to shed their blood over a throne no one would respectfully get. Even the people who were in love with the colour of red still wouldn't dare to lift the crimson covered weapon. Morax whom had stood and tasted the most salt out of all archons still couldn't forget the feeling of having to see lives taken away mercilessly.

He wished to himself this wouldn't be his regret, but he knew nothing could be evaded一everything will happen eventually. And the fact it's just the matter of time.

As the wind blew passed, slow but noticeable, petals flew by them dramatically following the wisp of the wind. The ground of Liyue shook but went unnoticeable as if the Archon had decided it's not the best time to send a quake to the peaceful nation, a slight pang hit his heart一be it the growing dilemma or Y/n's consent.

"Please allow me to join the upcoming war."

Their voice spoke once again.

The war... a war to declare the throne to who will sit as a ruler of a village. "I promise I won't cause harm and bring disgrace to your name," Y/n spoke, eyes never once wavered from his golden ones. The desire to hold their hand force them to not join the war was held back, his hand was like a tranquil一 numb and weak.

Why was he this reluctant...? They were raised as a soldier, a soldier to serve the war their master told them to, a servant whom existed only to atone their sins... but to let them go left his lips dry, he knew his voice would sound hoarse if he said a word.

Perhaps it's the attachment, a peculiar attachment which grew stronger over the time they spent, even if it only had been a few months... "Lor一..." Y/n's eyes fell on the field of glaze lilies, they watched as the flowers slowly fell down to the ground. "...I see. Lord, forgive me for my impudence, but someone high like yourself shouldn't be bound with attachment with myself. Please let me atone my sins."

"I am simply worried because I made a contract with Lady Mazu, and as for the statement you made..." huh, was he attached with them? "You're a human in my eyes, someone who's granted immortality and inherited the tiger. Even so, my personal feelings are none of your concern."

Hell... he didn't even know what was budging his heart.

"Let's rest for now. Xiao reported the border outside of Liyue is safe for now. And as for your request..."

He gave one last glance, the sight of a fire lit up resembled determination but tranquality reflected the e/c ones... even if a tiger was highly respected and feared by the animals, it's still had its weakness one way or another. "...prepare your weapon, make sure they're replenished well. The war will start next month."

If only he could turn back the time...

****

The sun slowly rose above the whole nation, the light seeped through the curtain and passed by Y/n's opening eyelids. The scent of the calming candle tickled their nostrils, acrid but calming something resembled the rain. Perhaps this would be their last time to smell the fresh of petrichor.

They felt a hold, bright hue colour of golden as their fingers were intertwined with someone else's. Who could it be to start the winter's morning? "You're up I see. How have you been feeling, Y/n?"

A rather deeper voice but gentle like a silk tickled their ears, their heart tugged itself wishing to hear more. "I'm... feeling better, Mister...一! Why am I here?"

Sadly, that wish vanished once their eyes scanned their own room. The calming scent of the candle lost its trail, its licking orange died down as Zhongli blew it away. "You've been out for a week, Y/n. Perhaps we should progress our contract faster?"