5: Behind the Stern, There's an Unseen

Song: I was made for loving
Singer(s): Tori Kelly ft. Ed Sheeran

_______

The cold water glistened and shone beneath the monotone golden eyes, his gaze glistened toward the flowing river, a cold evaporation exhaled from his nostrils. Flowers which stood as fresh as it first bloomed stood and grew out of its sprouts from the harsh snow.

Zhongli's eyes averted toward the flowers, the beautiful qingxin showed off its pure colour like the white lotus. The tombstone carved into ancient letters read clear: "Y/n, Tian Laohu."

"It's a habit for me to bring in some flowers during my visits一even if you're now a beautiful person as your reincarnated life." Words fell from the lips as the gaze no longer fell onto the tombstone.

"Cry because they've withered, but smile because they came and gave you light," he reminisced. Each memories that were supposed to be burried deep in the golden heart scattered and ran as however it wanted.

Years had passed since the God of Contract broke off the dark seal and let the wandering spirits ascended or descended一maybe it had been a few years since he last saw the h/c haired person sitting by the ashes on the fresh green grass.

The wind playfully blew against Morax's face, the wind also swayed his long hair to where it blew, maybe to the south west.

"..." Morax's eyes grew wide, clearly reflecting the shine in his golden irises, for what his sight landed on a humming person.

The ribbon from what seemed to be an old flag was on their hand, the crystalized e/c irises fell upon the craved tombstone name. Somewhat a genuine smile plastered against their gentle face, unlike the time where they had to face the Celestials.

"Forgive me for going out without any traces after around two years or so. I'm here to pay my respect to the deceased." From the formal attitude that they would pull, it slowly sounded more casual and less threatening.

Morax didn't utter a word, the fondness in his eyes somehow softened from the calm yet freezing demeanor he usually pulled. Y/n's finger tips crawled and touched the tombstone, eyes glistened as if they were reminiscing what was left within the burned estate.

A pure white light scattered from their figure, radiating as a whole around their body by their left side一it was brighter in the dark. "Lao Quankang... head of the family, it's been long."

Did they know the Lao?

Instead of any response, the sound of the howling wind came to their ears instead, cold night breeze blew against their face一the colder the breeze blew, the more the light in their eyes dimmed.

"Y/n."

No response came from the h/c haired person, it was as if they were lost in thought. "Y/n."

Again, no response came.

A name on the tip of his tongue desired him to speak, and call out the name, yet一what name was it...?

"Lao L/n Y/n."

"Oh, yes?"

... Morax never once expected for them to respond, but the gentle voice finally rang to his ears一instead of the happiness and cherry like, this one sounded less gentle, more like an assertive statement rather than a repsonse.

But, what kind of name fell from his lips, and to think they would respond it一"I'm bad at keeping secrets, am I not?"

Y/n stood up, though their legs were like noodles, but they still stayed as if they finally regained their soul back. "Thank you for letting my family pass and broke the dark seal."