Nine

Rose's POV

I woke up to the sound of clinking cups in the kitchen. I figured Harry was making breakfast, but when I looked next to me he was still there, asleep. I got out of bed and went into the kitchen. I figured it was probably the maid. So I walked in, prepared to introduce myself, when I was stopped in my tracks by who I found.

"I'm pretty sure you're not the maid." I giggled as I walked up to the kitchen counter.

"Morning Rose!" He smiled.

"Good morning Zayn. Were you planning on making breakfast because I'd be up for some eggs." I said as I sat down at the kitchen counter.

"Oh no don't you mistake me for the maid, Rose. I'm not making you anything." He said sarcastically as he put a pan on the stove.

I laughed. It was good to see him. But the happy feeling was quickly replaced by a worried one. The smile on my face turned into a frown as I watched him make me breakfast.

"Zayn, why are you here? I thought you got out." I was worried that he might be involved in all of this again now that I saw him here. Also after the note he slipped me I kinda wondered.

"I had to keep an eye on him." He sighed. "I wasn't gonna let him walk into this mess on his own and my life is already a mess, so I figured I'd help out."

"But are you involved with Jason again? Or just following Harry around?" I asked. I hoped it was the latter.

"First it was just following, but of course Diana spotted me, so it wasn't long before I joined them again." He said looking down. He looked ashamed. I understood why, but I was grateful. At least one of his friends cared enough. I felt anger rise in the pit of my stomach. Weak-ass Liam couldn't even track Harry down for me because he thought it was too dangerous. Unbelievable. The only reason I found Harry is because of Zayn, so I'm grateful.

"Thank you, Zayn. For looking out for him and for telling me where to find him." I smiled at him. He smiled back and shrugged his shoulder as if to say 'don't worry about it.'

"Zayn?" I heard a raspy voice behind me. Harry came out of the bedroom in his underwear rubbing his eyes. He looked cute that way.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked as he sat down next to me and gave me a kiss on my hair.
Zayn looked at Harry, then at me and back at Harry. I understood he was silently asking Harry if he wanted to do this in front of me or not, so I took the hint.

"I'm gonna go shower. You boys have a nice chat." I said as I got up. I gave Harry a kiss on his shoulder and made my way to the bathroom. I know why they didn't want me to hear this. Because they feel like they need to protect me from everything and that apparently means, me being unaware of the threats against me. To be honest I didn't really care. The last two years had been a complete hell without him. I was determined to face whatever if it meant being with him.

When I got out of the bathroom and into the kitchen, Zayn was gone. Harry was still in his underwear eating the eggs that were probably meant for me. He looked worried. I walked over to him and sat down. He wasn't looking at me. His focus was on his plate and I'm guessing his mind was lost in a sea of worries and possible dangers.
I put my hand on his arm to alert him of my presence and he looked up from his thoughts and for a second I felt sorry for him. That he was in this position at all.
He gave me a weak smile and pushed his plate to me.

"You should eat something." He said as he got up.

I could tell he was still in his head. He gave me a kiss and walked away. I looked down at the plate he just passed to me and saw it was empty. He really was worried.
I made myself some breakfast and after I had finished the meal I cleaned up the dishes and the kitchen. I know I didn't have to, but I wanted to. It made me feel at home. I missed David. Weirdly enough I didn't miss Liam. Maybe because he really was, just a rebound and now that I had Harry back I didn't need him anymore. It sounded so selfish. I was selfish. Liam deserved better. I decided to call him. I needed to clear this up right away otherwise it would eat away at me.