CHAPTER 32 || Run

Start from the beginning

"Anyway, let's get ready." Cheongsan said.

"Because of the rain, all the scents are mixed together." Namra spoke up while frowning. "And the rain is also loud too."

"Right, if that's the case, zombies' senses would probably get dulled?" Jungkook asked the girl, from whom he received a nod.

"If this idea is come from a hambie, I guess it's reliable?" Daesu said.

"What's a hambie?" Suhyeok gave him an annoyed look.

"Class prez—never mind, I mean a reliable person." Daesu corrected himself. "Let's go then, and class prez is strong too, we should trust her and give this a try."

"I am not that strong now." Namra looked at her hands.

"Why?" Jimin turned to her.

"I don't know."

"...Some of us may not be able to keep up." Jimin raised her concerns.

"We cannot have anyone fall, so let's pair up and hold our hands."

"Okay!" Daesu exclaimed, letting his hand out at Hyoryeong.

Hyoryeong sent him a what's-wrong-with-you look and held Jimin's hand.

"Hm!" He reached out to Suhyeok, and then Wujin, but then both had already paired up with others.

"Hey!" Minji let out her hand while chuckling at Daesu.

"Yah, no!!!" Jungkook immediately held the hand, intertwining their fingers.

"Why? We can be in a group of three?"

"No! Just no!" Jungkook stared at the confused girl and pulled her away.

"It's okay! Here Onjo!" Daesu finally turned to Onjo, who was sitting and raised her head to look at him.

Cheonngsan immediately held her hand.

"Let's deal with our own stuff later, now follow me." He pulled her up and walked away, leaving Daesu alone behind.

Daesu blankly stared at the pairs that walked towards the steel door. His left hand clasped onto his right hand, fingers intertwined while taking a deep breath.

"Okay!!"

***

"Be careful!" Someone behind me whispered. We kept on moving slowly all the way to the ground floor. Thanks to the heavy rain and thunderstorms, we were not heard by the zombies and safely got out of the main campus building.

We bent down as we arrived at the entrance and stopped, there was a zombie on the road.

"You don't have to turn around and check out on me every ten seconds, I am fine." I whispered at Jungkook as we crouched down.

"Nah, what if suddenly you're gone and I am only holding onto a cut off hand? I need to make sure I can see you all the time." He whispered back.

"What a big brain. You will know that if my arm is fucking cut off or something." I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, is it wrong for checking on my girlfriend?"

"Shut up!" I hit him softly, hiding my up-curved lips.

"Hey, we will go along the wall over there!" Joonyeong instructed, Cheongsan and Onjo became the pioneers and we followed from behind.

We ran quietly as fast as we could in the rain, arriving in front of a truck. We crouched down again as Daesu jogged towards Cheongsan with a steel tube on his hand.

"I will go first." He whispered before he crawled underneath the truck.

"Why can't we just climb through it?" I asked in confusion.

"Probably because that could cause more sound and draw zombies." Jungkook immediately replied.

"Erm...okay."

After Daesu arrived at the other side of the truck, he cursed loudly.

"What the fuck!!!" He shouted and poked the zombie with his tube.

"Fuck!!!!" He continued hitting it, but the zombie kept on chasing him, unaffected.

"Aish!!" Joonyeong instantly went to Daesu and helped him. Daesu lost his balance and landed on his butt as the zombie pulled his leg. Joonyeong ran to pull the zombie away from him, while Daesu kept on hitting it with the steel bar.

"Stop..." Cheongsan whispered, it was so soft, but loud enough for people on this side of the truck to hear. He looked dumbfounded, slid on the ground and unable to process.

He crawled on the truck, witnessing his two friends hitting the immortal creature.

"I SAID STOP!!!!!" He suddenly bursted and ran towards Joonyeong, pushing him onto the floor and then pounced on Daesu, started to hit him on his face.

"Yah! What the fuck are you doing!!" Daesu shouted.

"Cheongsan!!"

"YOU MOTHER FUCKER!!!" Cheongsan did not stop punching Daesu, regardless how we called him. He lost his mind.

Suhyeok cursed and immediately ran to Cheongsan, pulling him away. Onjo followed him and tried to stop Cheongsan.

I climbed through the truck and arrived near them, finally was able to have a closer look to the zombie Joonyeong and Wujin were hitting.

She was on an apron—"Cheongsan Chicken"

"MUM!!!!!!!" Cheongsan broke down and fell onto the ground. Joonyeong and Wujin immediately stopped their actions when they heard him.

"Holy shit..." I cursed as Jungkook gave me a squeeze on my hand.

"We have to go! They are coming!" Namra said. Apparently the chaos just now had drawn the attention of other zombies around.

"Let's go!!"

"RUN!!!"