CHAPTER 7 || Last words

§
_________________________________

§_________________________________

***

"Kids, hey...are you guys okay???"

Miss Park's voice was echoing in my head vaguely.

Luckily I locked those zombies in that room, there were only some left at the very end of the corridor.

They were still attracted by the broadcasting speakers, being unaware of my existence.

But...I guessed they would soon come over and tear me into pieces. Was this karma?

Why was I making the wrong decisions for my whole life?

"You guys are safe...right??!"

Why did I let my back face Yoon Gwinam? Why did I even choose to believe that he would listen to me?

Or was it my fault this whole time? They said I was a rude bitch, a girl trying to be mysterious because I thought myself was more superior.

Should I just do whatever they want me to do? Tell them whatever they wanted to know, show them whatever they wanted to see...

I tried, I thought it's fine...but what did I receive? Did I deserve that?

"Kids...p—please find a safe place and hide. I am sorry..."

Miss Park's voice was so soft, just like she was singing me a lullaby. My head hurt so much, I wanted to sleep.

Sorry Miss Park...I was planning to find y-you...you are the kindest person I have ever met, don't apologise even though you couldn't help...you had tried your best already...

I felt blood flowing down my neck, dripping onto the floor. I heard the hissing and growling becoming louder and louder...

I heard footsteps too...from both directions.

"I am sorry I can't help."

Oh... why did I have my life flash before my eyes now? No memory seemed to be good. Why could I only see his face at the end of my life?

Shit...it's so noisy...I think I am going to be bitten...

Last words? I guessed...

Mum—I think I still love you even though you dumped me...

Dad...? If I ever seen you again...I will risk my life to...

KILL YOU YOU SON OF A BITCH I WILL KILL YOU IF I BECOME MOTHER FUCKING ZOMBIE

***

"Dad, this is my report card..."

"Leave me alone!"