"They should be released with no charges," Draco said as if reassuring himself.

Hermione felt bad that she wished they would stay away forever. She had hoped they would be locked somewhere far from Hermione's world.

Draco snorted in laughter suddenly.

"What's so funny?" Hermione asked confused.

"Well I just realized that the Malfoy Family has finally beat the Weasley's at something."

Hermione frowned and crossed her arms becoming immediately defensive, "And what would that be Malfoy?"

"Don't look so angry," Draco grinned, "You may not appreciate this fact, but the Malfoys are now certainly the poorest Wizarding Family in the wizarding world! Claiming the title from the Weasleys."

"Really?" Hermione wondered.

"Yes, it's true," Draco said finally, smiling bitterly.

"But where did all your wealth go?" Hermione asked.

"The ministry was 'holding' most of it for us but all of us doubt we will ever see it again. And then most of the private treasures we gave away."

"Why? Did they contain dark magic? You wouldn't want another stain upon the Malfoy name would you?" Hermione said harshly.

Draco's sullen eyes turned to her looking hurt.

"No. Well yes, but no," Draco stumbled.

Hermione raised her eyebrows looking skeptical.

"Don't look at me like that!" Draco said becoming defensive, "Yes, we had a lot of Dark Arts treasures-"

Hermione opened her mouth to say something rude.

"-but they're all gone now. All of them were either destroyed or sold- Stop! I know what you're thinking Granger, and it's not a pretty thought. We only sold them to people who could use them for good. The others we destroyed in case they should fall into the wrong hands. And we used the money for a good cause."

Hermione narrowed her eyes and said vexed, "Can I speak now Malfoy?"

Draco held his palms up as if trying to avoid the storm which was coming, "Yes, yes, of course."

"Why did you have those items in the first place?" Hermione asked crossing towards him.

"Well, I suppose, if it must be said-" Draco mumbled.

"And why did you have to sell or 'give away' as you say, all your treasures?" Hermione interrupted. She was thoroughly enjoying bashing Draco.

"Because we had no money-"

"Hmmm, and where did you say all the profit from these treasures were going exactly?" Hermione said casually as she looked at her nails totally ignoring Draco's hurt and exasperated expression.

"Hermione, you can be very annoying at times," Draco said seriously.

Hermione sniffed indifferently. She pretended to be more interested in studying her hands.

"But you deserve all of the answers. So here it is, first question: We had all those things because we were evil wizards. We served the Dark Lord for goodness sake. Is that plain enough for you?" Draco said bitterly.

Hermione dropped her hands. She looked Draco in the eye. She had not expected a straight out confession.

Draco dropped her gaze. His eyes fixated on the ground, "I'm sorry for it. I can never take it back, but I'm sorry all the same."

Hermione nodded.

She believed him. It was odd but she felt as if Draco Malfoy had changed. As if the evil and malice had been sucked out of him. Or maybe he had always been this way inside. Or maybe it was she who was finally opening her eyes.

"And what was your other question?" Draco asked, breaking her thoughts.

"Why did you give away you wealth?" Hermione answered quietly.

"We gave a part of it away. Though mostly we were sued and blackmailed up our noses. We have a lot of enemies. Now hopefully they'll leave us alone."

A silence settled over them. Each contemplating in their minds.

"Where did you give the other part?" Hermione asked.

"St. Mungo's Hospital. I hope it does good there," Draco said.

Enjoy! Next part should be coming soon...... hopefully.... :)