Chapter 50: The Only People I Care About

Começar do início

Song Xinyi secretly pinched the chopsticks in her hand. Even if Su Bei robbed her limelight at school, this was obviously her home. What qualifications does Su Bei have to come over? Grandpa and grandma's love could only be given to her. Su Bei and Su Xiaobao, two people with unknown origin, had no right to call them 'grandpa' and 'grandma' like her!

"Yiyi, what's wrong?" Chen Xueyan saw Song Xinyi hadn't eaten the shortbread and just poked it with the chopsticks, "You don't like it?"

"No, it's delicious." Song Xinyi shook her head, suppressing her dissatisfaction, and showed a smart and sensible look. "I'm just thinking about piano competition."

Song Xinyi: "Grandma, let me tell you, I won second place in the piano competition I participated before!"

Chen Xueyan was also overjoyed, "Is it true? Our Yiyi is so awesome!"

On the side, Lin You chimed in: "Many participants in that competition are professional. Yiyi's piano teacher said that since Yiyi could get the second place there, her piano already reached the master level."

Even Qin Jinguo praised Song Xinyi: "Yiyi is so good, you must work harder."

Song Xinyi: "Of course, grandpa."

Song Xinyi gave Su Bei a provocative look: Her piano level was professionally acknowledged, what was Su Bei? During the 'opening performances', Su Bei simply depended on costumes and lighting effects, not her ability, to steal everyone's attention.

Song Xinyi said again: "Moreover, after the video of my performance went online, it was picked up by a director. He wanted to invite me to play the female lead of a project he was preparing."

"Which director?" Qin Jinguo glanced at Song Yancheng. If Yiyi liked it, it was no problem to let her participate in some competitions or variety shows. But Qin Jinguo actually disagreed for Song Xinyi to enter the entertainment world as an actress or star at such a young age.

Song Xinyi answered before Song Yancheng: "The director's name is Ou Yibin, he is very talented. The drama 'Daybreak's Dream' that is particularly popular on the internet recently is his work."

Ou Yibin was originally a no-named director. However, he recently filmed a low-cost web drama about a young girl who experienced a nightmare journey on the train. The drama unexpectedly gained popularity. In just one scoop, Ou Yibin became a highly sought-after director.

Qin Jinguo nodded and looked at Song Yancheng: "Has it been decided?"

Song Yancheng replied: "Yes. This director is good, and the company is preparing to sign the contract."

When Song Xinyi and her family were conversing harmoniously, Qin Shao's family of three sitting on the other side of the table seemed to be on a different channel. Su Xiaobao originally disliked the Song family, and didn't want to listen to the topics they talked about. As for Mr. Qin, he had even less interest and simply eating his own meal in silence. Besides that, he also took care of the two children who seemingly only knew how to bow their head to nibble on the rice, but didn't know how to pick up other dishes. Mr. Qin picked up some dishes from time to time and put them into the twins' bowls.

Only Su Bei paid attention to Song Xinyi's words. "Ou Yibin? And director..." How did this name feel a bit familiar? Where did she hear it?

On the other side, although Chen Xueyan was happy, she could not help but ask: "Yiyi, if you start acting in a film, won't it affect your study?"

Song Xinyi: "Don't worry, grandma. Director Ou's project is still in the preparation stage, and the filming won't start so fast. I also properly told the director, even if I agree to this job, I will only go filming during my vacation time."