Chapter 33: Face Slap

Start from the beginning

Looking at the blank space, Xie Minxuan also hesitated. At this time, Su Bei, who was standing next to him as a decoration vase up until now, moved forward.

"Let me do it." Su Bei smiled at Xie Minxuan. She walked towards the game board, picked up the pen from the table, and quickly wrote a word [xenon].

Other people didn't hear the conversation between Su Bei and Xie Minxuan. They only saw their male god was talking to Su Bei, who then went to write the answer on the board.

Did male god Xie tell the answer to Su Bei and let her fill it?

"Haha, male god Xie is too terrific! He can even answer this kind of question!"

"Our male god is always a male god!"

"Right, right!" Dong Wenqi also nodded excitedly. Male god Xie was not only awesome, but also a gentleman: he must be deliberate, leaving such a difficult question for Su Bei to answer. Definitely to give her a face!

"But what does xenon mean."

"I never hear it."

"Is this word really exist?"

Obviously, Song Xinyi also had such doubts.

"Can you tell me what this word means?" Song Xinyi asked Xie Minxuan.

Xie Minxuan: "..."

How could he know.

It was Su Bei who answered, "You should have memorized a lot of words with 'x' for this game. You don't know what this word means?"

Having Su Bei directly see through her trick, Song Xinyi almost couldn't hide her expression. She wanted to pretend to not heard Su Bei's words and ignored this inquiry. But at this moment, Xie Minxuan suddenly laughed in ridicule.

After laughing, Xie Minxuan glanced at Su Bei again. He almost forgot. At the last month's test, Su Bei was scored nearly ten points higher than him and Su Xiaobao. For an academic prodigy, she wouldn't necessarily be disadvantaged even if it was her first time playing this game.

At this time, some students already found the answer after browsing their mobile phones.

"Really exists. It's actually a chemical element."

"God, no wonder I don't know. The chemistry teacher only taught us the first two letters, so I don't remember its full name."

Song Xinyi: "This round is a tie. Let's continue."

Su Bei: "Okay."

The next round was to fill in the missing characters of a poem. This time, Su Bei's team got the first turn. After observing Xie Minxuan in the previous round, Su Bei has picked up some general tactics. To avoid getting cornered by the opponent, they should fill the longest grids and the ones with most intersecting parts first. Kept the simple grids that weren't easy to be controlled by the opponent until the end.

Then she didn't need to be polite.

Su Bei smiled slightly, a cunning light flashed through her eyes. She directly wrote [摄......陬兮,惟庚......降。皇览揆......兮,肇锡......名]. The missing characters happened to be: '陬、揆、肇' 

(T/N: Okay....first, I'm not sure if I correctly translated all the game rules/mechanics, please bear with it. Second, via a quick google search, this poem was titled 'Li Sao' (離騷, Encountering Trouble) by Qu Yuan from the Kingdom of Chu, who lived during the Warring States period. The three missing characters' 陬、揆、肇' aren't used daily. They are respectively ranked 6101, 4593, and 3200 on the 'most frequent characters' list. Many Chinese learning books/courses advised that 3000 most frequent characters are enough to be moderately literate.)