chapter 7 - what do you feel

( the cover artwork was a made gift from my friend. Credits to them :)

Before Finley went back to sleep that night she felt khonshu's presence behind her and she turned around "ah... Lord khonshu. Did you want to talk to me?" The gigantic bird headed god nods "follow me". Finley was a bit confused but then did what he asked her too. She grabbed her shoes and ran after him. It was a very hot night even for a country like Egypt and the air was quite stuffy. Finley followed khonshu up a nearby sand dune just a few minutes away from the city edge. He stopped on top of it and turned to wait for the tiny human to follow him up there as well. When she reached him she was a bit out of breath "sand ...I hate sand " she uttered and looked at khonshu "so uh...why are we here?" She asked and khonshu just held out a hand. Finley starred at it confused before she took it with an awkward chuckle. Khonshu pulled her forward with a quick tug so she was very close to him while he snuck an arm around her back. Finley flushed deep read and chuckled again "ah ...u- uhm... Eh...." She tried to form a sentence because she couldn't comprehend the situation but khonshu spoke before she could think about it any further " I like you ". Finley froze at that " uh ...pardon?" Khonshu cleared his throat " I said I like you... Human. I am intrigued by you and I think I've been getting odd feelings I can't describe properly. It's bothering me and I felt the need to tell you ". He said and Finley swallows hardly "oh........ I... See " she managed to chocke out and tried to look everywhere but at him. " Do you reciprocate my feelings as well wor- I mean Finley ". Khonshu said and Finley bit her lip
" well uh ...I...like you as well.. I think. I... It's so strange right? I mean look at you. I shouldn't like you as much as I do and yet....ah...." She took a breath when she noticed khonshu tilted his head in confusion " what I'm trying to say is...yes I do".

It was a few seconds silent between then before khonshu let Out a quiet laugh. " I'm relieved then my dear. I thought you'd reject me and I honestly wouldn't know what to do with myself in that case ". Khonshu slid his arm back and made Finley fall back a bit " how about a dance to celebrate the occasion?" Finley chuckled "a- a dance? Now ....here?...." She thought for a few seconds before she nods " sure-- hang on" she reached a hand into her pocket and pulled out her phone before she typed something and put it back with music comming out of the phones speakers " it's a bit crappy quality but it's better than nothing" she cracks a smile and khonshu grabbed her hand again. " I would dance with you even without music my dear" he spoke and Finley giggles " since when is the god of the night sky so sappy " she teased him while tried to keep up with the dance moves which was quite difficult in the sand. But once she kicked off her shoes and her feet made contact with the lukewarm sand it was much more manageable. Never in her life would Finley have imagined she would spend a night in Egypt, in the desert dancing with an ancient Egyptian bird headed god on top of a sand dune under a clear night sky. She smiled a bit a the thought and proceed to dance with khonshu until she eventually got tired and he brought her back to the hotel. She opened the door with her shoes in her hand and went to bed smiling like an Idiot. It surely was an interesting night.

The next day Marc spector began his quest to look for athur harrow and find the grave before him. Finley was there to support him in that case- she'll was on the lookout for cult members and any possible information while Marc was using his reather brutal methods to reach that goal...

Following the sounds of chaos it was reather easy to find Marc in the streets of Cairo as he was on a speedy Chase after a group of men he tried to get information out of. Finley tried to catch up with him which was reather difficult since Marc seemed to switch with Steven very frequently during that. After they ended the chase on a cliff's edge Finley was out of breath. "Hey....Marc... Buddy it's really hard to help you....it you keep being all over the place like that" she breathed heavily and approached Marc who was having once again a discussion with Steven in a reflection. Finley rolled her eyes and Marc looked up at her " sorry fin but this right here might be too big for you. You shouldn't get involved as much" he huffed frustrated and Finley pursed her lips "tsk. I'm also an avatar remember? This is affecting me too. So stop being so dismissive of me" in the reflection Steven chuckled slightly "she's right Marc. She's trying to help us" Marc scoffed " if you want more blood on your hands just say so " then he looked at khonshu who was sitting on a car and after a brief talk Marcs eye's shifted to the ground and then up again "-- do you have an Idea?" He asked and khonshu retailed with a deep sigh "only a really bad one" with that he was gone. Marc was left confused just like Finley but after a few seconds it became clear what has happened when everything proceeded to get dark in the middle of the day as the moon covered the sun. Finley let out a whistle " woah.... I bet a lot of people are really confused right now...and scared.... " Marc sighs " let's go- " with that they went down into the city again.

The sun was already brightly shining normally again when they ran into khonshu urging them to hurry. Apparently his actions had forced the other god's to call in a trial. Behind Finley Seth appears with a growl " what did that bird headed fool think- he's in real trouble now " the god was clearly annoyed. Ahead of them Marc started to enter a portal that opened out of nowhere and Seth nudges Finley into the direction as well " go hurry and get this over with. I'm really not in the mood. Especially not too see the Others again " Finley was confused but she obliged nevertheless. She followed Marc into a narrow corridor and immediately recognised where she was once they exited on the other side "holy fucking shit" she gawked in amazement at her surroundings being actually inside the pyramid. She was so dazed she didn't even notice the other god's avatars at first but when she bumped into one of them..... she tried to smile Awkwardly "uh....hello.....". The girl she bumped into smiled back politely and made a small how "you must be the avatar of Seth. It must be pretty hard I assume" she said and Finley nods " yeah.... it's definitely not as easy as the others here have it" she uttered and the girl smiled and turned her attention to Marc spector.

Finley was nervous. What would happen now? She never was in a court trial before... Especially not one with ancient Egyptian Gods.... It would certainly be interesting...