chapter 3 - Strange interactions

It was one of those warm summer nights again but this time the moon was shining brightly alongside gleaming stars adoring the sky in a breathtaking sight for everyone In London. marc spector was on another Mission as moonknight and knelt down on top of a building scouting the area for his targets.

After a while he sighs frustrated " hey I don't think they will come out yet and I don't want to go in there where I have the disadvantage- " he huffed frustrated and turned his gaze to his bird headed companion who stood a few meters away starring seemingly into nothingness. Marc sighs " you aren't even listening. Again. What's up with you? " Marc uttered and khonshu turned his head to him " I'm thinking Marc. Something than you aren't capable of " khonshu retaliated and proceeded to Starre back into the air. A few minutes later people left the building and Marc got up " finally. About time- " in a swift motion he jumped off the building launching his weapon into the first persons forehead before turning around to kick the other ones in the stomach. A few minutes later and Marc was surrounded by dead bodies, catching a breath he stopped for a second and huffed. After a minute of silence a voice popped up behind him " you're quite a brute eh~ " Marc flinched and turned around aiming his weapon at the noise. " Woah woah big guy- calm down there-" The person but their hands up to show they're not hostile and Marc recognised the voice immediately " oh it's you! The girl from Yesterday- uh finley right?" Marc uttered and Finley smiled. She was also wearing Seth's amour but her dark eyes were still shining at him. She peeked behind Marc and noticed khonshu who was looming over both of them. " Hello lord khonshu. Nice to see you again" she grinned obviously excited to see the uncanny looking god again. Khonshu was taken aback and tried to think of something to say but Marc interrupted them " are you alone?" He asked Finley and she glanced at him " yes. Seth left me alone after I begged him. He's not leaving me alone at night very often and it's honestly annoying " she told them while slowly making her way down the street while Marc was walking next to her " i can understand that. Khonshu can be very penetrant as well " he sighs and Finley's nods and starred at her feet " uhm so how did you become Seth's avatar? If I may ask that....." Marc looked at her with curiosity " it's a long story " Finley rubbed the back of her neck. " Well you can tell me on the way. I head home " Marc said and Finley nods " sure " she cracked a smile.

When they arrived at a small apartment complex a while later Finley had just finished telling story to Marc who was listening carefully and took a deep breath when they stopped in front of a door. " So you also had to become an avatar to preserve your own life? I think it's kinda ironic.... It seems like this is just how these god's get their hands on us. It's almost too cruel " he shook his head with a small smile. Suddenly his demeanor changed and he wiped his face " uh I gotta go- Well see you around- maybe khonshu can guide you home- excuse me " he said quickly and dissapeared inside the house slamming the door shut. Finley starred at the door and huffed confused " uh.....bye" she added she turned on her heel just to stand face to face with khonshu who was looming over her. " You have to forgive him. He's.... Special" khonshu said and titled his head " I'm still amazed you can see me. Usually only my avatar would be able to do that " finley chuckled and Awkwardly rubbed the back of her neck " yeah I've been..... Always able to see things Others can't. I don't know why...." She added and glanced up at khonshu's head. " Well I presume then I'm not a very pleasant sight. A lot of my avatar's are scared of me when I first approach them"  khonshu muttered and Finley shook her head " I think you look amazing- fascinating even" khonshu froze at that " are you serious? Or is that one of your Humans sarcastic jokes? "  Finley shook her head " I'm serious- " she bit her lip " if you don't mind I...can I touch you? I read about you in books about Egyptian mythology and to be honest I'm quite curious....if you allow me that is. After all you're still a god and I'm just a puny human compared to you" she said awkwardly and tried not to stumble over her words. Khonshu was quiet at her request he never been asked that by a human before and even more unbelievable was that she didn't show any fear. Usually he would tell humans off because he knew he was above them but this time it was different. Did he respected this human he just meet? Of course it was his mission and moral to protect innocent humans and punish those who deserve it with a merciless death so he never had much strong feelings for neither of them, despite that it seemed like this particular human moved something deep inside him.

Lost in his thoughts he didn't noticed the hand that slowly connected with the side of his face and traced down the bones of his animalistic features. Dazed khonshu starred down at the tiny human who was looking at him with big curious eyes. " It feels strange to the touch" she uttered absentmindedly and let her hand remain on the boney structure of the gods head. khonshu who was at a loss for words just remained silent and motionless with a unexplainable fuzzy feeling and no intent to move. After a while Finley gasped " ah I'm so sorry! I- I didn't meant to- I'm sorry" she pulled her hands away and stepped back. " I profusely apologize lord khonshu. I got carried away" finley covered her face. " I- g-gotta go now. Farewell" she stuttered and left quickly leaving a very confused khonshu behind.

Storming down the street finley was cursing herself out. " What the hell Finley! He's a fucking god! Why did you do that?! I'm so stupid" she slapped her face and sighs " i am such a nuisance even to the gods of this earth " she mumbled to herself deeply embarrassed for her actions. Finley huffed when she arrived home and walked into her room and went straight to bed hoping this was all a very bad dream.