chapter 2 - the god of vengeance

Over two years had passed since Finley became Seth's avatar. It took a while to get used to the new circumstances but it worked out in the end- so did the aftermath of the gruesome night with Finley inheriting her family's wealth and property. Turning twenty just recently Finley had adjusted to her situation in living a relatively normal live and doing Seth's deeds and shenanigans but once again her life would change...

" Are you for real Seth?! " Finley cursed jumping off a building into an alleyway and wiping her bloody hands into her clothes. " These people where just pickpocketing. And you made me beat the shit out of them " she cursed rubbing her sore Knuckles and turning to face the god sitting on a trashcan behind her with a smug expression. " Calm down fin~ These pathetic humans had it coming. " He purred and went up to circle around Finley " I really have to say even afterall this time you're still very bratty. But I like having my avatar being feisty and cocky " Seth cooed and walked out onto the sidewalk with Finley. It was a warm summer night with the moon covering the city below in a beautiful blue light. " I did what you wanted now shoo! It's my alone time " She scoffed and glanced at Seth walking beside her. Seth laughed and starred down at Finley like an adult would look at a toddler " don't tell me what to do you're no-" the god stopped mid sentence. Something caught his attention and he started starring up at a rooftop. Finley gave him a confused glance and followed his gaze and let out a small gasp.

On the rooftop just a bit above from where they stood another deity. But this one looked different from Seth. It had a bird's skull shaped head and adored with the crest of the moon. Finley starred at the figure for a long time without saying anything- breathlessly but after some time Seth spoke up first " khonshu- what are you doing here " he hissed and from one of the other second he was also on the roof approaching the other god with a pissed expression " I thought I told you to leave me alone- you annoying fool" Seth hissed and khonshu tilted his head " you have a big mouth like always. How self centered are you. I'm not here because of you. I just happened to be nearby " khonshu lifted his hands in defense " I don't give a damn. You're just trouble wherever you go. The other gods casted you out for a reason! Your presence is enough to offend me " Seth grabbed khonshu by the neck and pulled him close to confront him when a small voice popped up behind them "uhm ... Are you done arguing?" The gods froze for a second and turned around to see Finley starring at them. Khonshu was starring back as good as 'starring' could be defined with his empty eye Sockets. Between the few seconds of eye contact something changed. The god of the moon and vengeance was overwhelmed with a strange feeling he never felt before before he could finally utter something " you can.....see me? " Finley slowly started tearing her gaze away and after listening she nods trying to shake off the weird feeling " ah...y- yeah I can " she uttered and Seth not noticing the strange reactions of them just scoffed " she's fin. my avatar. I don't know how she can see you tho since she would only be able to see me but I don't question it. She is a strange one after all ..." Seth turned his head towards Finley.

" Finley this is khonshu the god of the moon and vengeance.... If you even want to consider him a god because he's actually just a pathetic outcast who betrayed the other god's without any shame- in my eyes he's nothing but a low life" Seth said with a snarl and gave khonshu a dirty look. Khonshu didn't noticed because he was still locked eyes with Finley but only when Seth roughly shoved him back he regained his attention " stop starring at my avatar and tell me the reason you're here or I shall fight you and end you!" Seth's voices boomed angrily. Khonshu let out a deep sigh " I have my own reasons to be here but if you really want to know I'm on personal business with my own avatar " he stated and Seth chuckled " you have an avatar? You? My my I feel bad for that poor soul already...and where are they when I may ask ? I can't see them anywhere " Seth gave khonshu another dirty glance. " He's currently fulfilling a duty for me inside the building you'll see him eventually. Even so this is none of your business " khonshu stated and Seth chuckled once again " I know what he's doing. Probably killing some other humans because it's your view on justice right? So you told your little avatar to get revenge in your name and then you'll be satisfied after he ended their lives right? You're so easy to read " Seth tipped his head up in triumph " no wonder Osiris hates you so much ".

Finley who was listening to them quietly bit her lip. She had studied Egyptian mythology and knew very well what they were talking about. Khonshu- yes she remembered his story clearly. She was aware why the other god's didn't liked him and she was also aware of his morals and view of the world, yet she could understand him and his way of justice even if she wouldn't admit out loud. Killing those who deserved it made sense in a very twisted way... After all she did kill those people who ended her parents live out of vengeance. She peeked at khonshu and chuckled slightly having this opinion in common with him made him much more sympathetic to her than Seth ever would. The gods tho didn't noticed her gaze. They were still arguing when alarms went off in the building and moments later a white figure crashed trough the front door. The figure was shining in white amour also adored with the moon crest and covered in blood- that obviously was khonshu's avatar Finley concluded. The person in white spotted them and ran into their direction and khonshu turned to greet them. " Ah Marc you where successful I see " khonshu commented and the hood of the white figure dissapeared revealing a distressed looking man with dark eyes and messy brown hair. Out of breath he gave khonshu a nod and then turned to Finley " uh who's that?... What did I miss?" He breathed out still exthaused from his previous endeavour. " She's... Another avatar. Seth's avatar to be specific" khonshu informed Marc and Finley smiled and him and reached out her hand "hello- I'm finley Aspen. It's a very stupid name I know. You can call me fin" she said awkwardly and marc shook her hand with a confused small smile "uh... hello- I'm Marc spector ... For now at least" Finley was confused about his last words but then gunshots could be heard comming from the building Marc just left from. " let's get away from here! " Marc gave Finley a nudge and started running. Finley followed him swiftly still a bit confused and after they arrived in an empty parking lot she stopped running and glanced at Marc "so...uhm ... you're khonshu's avatar huh?". " Unfortunately yes....." Marc uttered and Finley let out a chuckle. Behind them khonshu could be heard saying "ungrateful human" After witnessing Marc's snarky comment.

" And you're Seth's avatar? he must also be a lot to deal with if I'm correct " marc gave her a small smile " you seem so young and yet you're also in dept to serve a god. I guess we're not so different." Finley listened up at that comment and giggled feeling immediate sympathy for Marc even tho he still was covered in blood from head to toe. " Stop with the shit chat already! Fin we're leaving. Now " a very pissed Seth could be heard behind them and Finley sighs deeply " yes yes I'm comming. See you around marc spector and.....uhm you too lord khonshu" she gave the other god a bright smile turned and followed Seth back home. Khonshu was awestruck and Marc was trying to wipe the blood off his clothes " we should hurry and go home before he takes over" Marc urges and looked at khonshu " hey! Are you even listening to me? " He looked up at khonshu who was still starring in the direction Finley left seemingly in deep thoughts before snapping out of it and turning to Marc " yes yes sure- let's go then " the god sighs and dissapeared into thin air from one of the other second.

Later that night when Finley laid in her bed and tried to sleep she was tossing around and turning- she couldn't get the new god she just meet out if her head. There was something about him that clung to her but she didn't know what it was. But one thing was sure... This wouldn't be the last time she would see khonshu.