Chapter 85 Part I

Start from the beginning

Aurora called out a nurse and ordered her to bring a bottle of water immediately as she tried calming Kate down. Kate was deaf to her words as she kept saying the same thing as she continued sobbing.

"Kate! Kate! Listen to me now! Look at me!" she said as she grabbed hold of Kate's shoulders forcing her to look at her.

"Stop saying that! Ryan is not going to leave you! Leave us! You really need to calm down now, Kate. You are hyperventilating, baby, please. You need to be strong," she pleaded.

"How can I be strong when he is in a state like that?" she said.

"You've got to be strong for him! For your baby! You being like this would affect your baby, Kate. Please, listen to me. It's going to be okay, I promise. Just stay strong. World renowned doctors are trying their best to save Ryan, so just have hopes and we'd see him soon," saying this, she pulled her into her arms.

 Later, she took her to Ari's room and made her lie down as she was exhausted. After constantly crying, she finally fell asleep. Aurora exited the room and went to see Ashton who was laughing and playing with a happy Ariana. She was a mess when she came to the hospital but after seeing her son, she calmed down. She pulled her into her arms as she stroked his head gently, bringing a smile to Aurora's face. Suddenly, it occurred to her that she indeed saved Ashton but at what cost? Ryan's life is at stake. Pangs of guilt attacked her heart mercilessly as her eyes teared up immediately. She wiped her lonely tears and went in to see Ash.

Ash is a strong boy, just like his parents. Since he was just a kid himself, he overcame it pretty soon. And for the good, he was blinded all along and was kept sedated which didn't leave much effect on him. Ariana noticed Aurora's arrival and nudged at Ash as he turned to look at her. On seeing her, an irresistible smile plastered across his face as he was beaming with delight. He got down from his mum in a swift, yelling, "Aunt Aurora!" and ran towards her hugging her legs as tight as he could. She crouched down to his level and took him to her embrace.

"Mama said that you saved me from the bad guys !Thank you so much, Aunt Aurora and I promise not to disturb your beautiful sleep hereafter since you saved my life! I love you so much" he said mimicking 'beauty sleep' just how she'd say, with a beaming smile as he hugged her again

"Well, that seems like a deal, thank you, young mam!" she said and hugged Ash as she was grateful that he's alive. After pulling off of eachother, she placed a gentle kiss on his forehead and said, "And I love you so much, Ash." Hearing this he giggled warming up the hearts of the sisters. A call interrupted them as Ash ran toward Ari's phone and on seeing the caller ID, his face beamed. "It's aunt Hanna, mum," he said and attended the call revealing Andrea on screen.

"Go on, have a talk with your sister. She's been asking for you for so long," said Ari.

Ariana walked toward Aurora, with teary eyes. Seeing Ari, Aurora gave her a bone crushing hug which she happily returned.

"Thank you, Aurora. Thank you so much for saving my life," she said with tears in her eyes as she looked straight through her.

"Oh, you're most welcome sleepy head," said Aurora as she smiled through tears, trying to lift the mood.

"You did something very selfless and I really can't bring myself to appreciate you cause you put your life at stake. Yes, I love Ash but I love you too and I can't afford losing neither of you," she said, softly.

"I know, but when Chris told me that he'd do something to Ash, I can't think of myself. All I was reminded of was his beaming smile and I felt like I can do anything to protect that smile," she said, holding her hand.

"I love you, Aurora. I really do," she said, smiling at her little sister.

"I know, dumb dumb," she said giggling.

"But why didn't you tell us? Your plan of going was okay but at least you should have informed Zayn about it. He'd made sure you'd be safe. Didn't you know that you need a backup? You really went on an empty promise, Aurora. You stupid girl, you could've got yourself killed! Do you think you can do it all by yourself, you brat," she rebuked Aurora.

"Ari, do you really think Zayn would let me go if I had informed him? He would've gone crazy when I simply said I was going. He would've caged me away in a room saying he can't risk both of us and would come up with another plan but we didn't have time to work out anything new and I didn't dare to waste a second when Ash was in danger. The aftermath of not going was scary and I couldn't risk anything for him. The whole thing was against me, I didn't want Ash to get hurt in it when he clearly doesn't deserve such brutality," she said.

"Don't worry, though I don't approve of what you did, I am proud of you, babysis," she said as she stroked her back gently.

"How can I not worry? Ryan took what it had for me. It should be me in that damn bed going through a long ass surgery to see if I could survive. Isn't this whole drama a revenge against me planned by that sick bitxh. But Ash was kidnapped, our whole family was devastated, even worse, Zayn was aimed at and Ryan took that shot. I can't even look at Kate, I feel guilty for doing this to her and the terrible part is she had to go through all this while being pregnant. She doesn't deserve this, no one does. All are suffering just for the sake of me," said Aurora as she looked down. 

Ariana lifted her chin up and wiped her tears and said, "Are you done? Stop accusing of the things which you don't have any power to control. It happened because it needed to happen, it was meant to happen. No one, I repeat no one can change it. The things we've gone through as a family just made us stronger as family. About Ryan, don't worry he'd be okay. Nothing will happen to him and we should not lose hope. He'd be okay in no time at all and I strongly believe it, you should too. We'll all be happy just like we were. Don't worry, baby. It's all over now and it's going to be okay. We are going to be just the way we were. There was strong belief and assurance shining in her orbs, radiating strong hopes to her sister.

She smiled, and Ari pulled her into a hug again as she whispered, "Thanks, dumb dumb. Thank you so much."

"And come on, who's operating on Ryan? My handsome, talented husband Mr. Jason Evans and there's nothing that could go wrong. I believe him with all my heart and he never broke that trust on him and I'm sure he'd never will. So chill down," said Ariana, soothing the emotional air.