Chapter 22 Night to Remember ✔️

Dylan's present was the most amazing gift I have ever received

The time, thought, and message that went into it are more than I could ever ask for. for, and I did my best to show him just how much it means to me.

The day after my birthday, following his lead, I hung the painting he made me up above my bed. And I carefully placed each of the others around my room. Surrounding me is a visual reminder of the unwavering support that I now have.

It's overwhelming. Truly.

But I couldn't be more grateful.

The day was complete when Bart and Ann showed up just as we were getting ready for bed.

Presents and more sweets in tow.

I couldn't help but get tickled when Bart took Dylan aside to give him a heart-to-heart and a gift of his own.

Condoms.

Ann was none the wiser, but I overheard most of the conversation, and a red-faced Dylan filled me in on the rest later.

Now that our birthdays are both out of the way and graduation is just around the corner, we are both elbows deep in school and work.

With Harold and Emily's help, we have successfully started Call Confidental.

It's a nice feeling to know that something that began as a wild idea has come to fruition and could potentially help someone. I have no doubt that it will continue long after Dylan and I leave.

But I never knew that I myself would be using the service I helped create very soon.

Aside from Bart telling me that he wanted me to be sure to "wrap my present" and that "we want grandbabies but no time soon," Heather's eighteenth birthday went as well as it could have

I think the biggest surprise for her was seeing just how much she really does inspire the people around her.

If it had been possible to include all of the students/ residents that have been positively impacted by Heather, we would have had to have her surprise party in the auditorium instead of Tony's art room.

But now that things are back to our normal day-to-day routine, I'm having the strong urge to do something to change it up.

So I once again go to work plotting with our friends on yet another surprise, though this time I have to be extra careful because I not only have to be sure that Heather doesn't somehow find out what I am up to, but I also have to be sure that none of the staff, especially Harold Westward, find out either.

♡♡♡♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

While lying in bed watching some rom-coms that ended up being pretty interesting, I decide to let her in on at least the idea of a potential future surprise. "So I've been thinking."

"Ooo scary." She laughs playfully, bumping her shoulder into mine before taking another handful of popcorn from the bowl.

"Oh hush." I grin. "Seriously, though, I've been thinking that the two of us have done so much in the last several months that we should have the opportunity to celebrate that a little bit."

"Isn't that kind of what we've been doing?"

"Well yeah, but I mean something special. Just the two of us?"

"Oh, like what?"

"I haven't quite figured that part out yet." I say, and it isn't really a lie. I do know part of what I intend for us to do, but I haven't exactly worked out all the details just yet. "But I do know that it's going to definitely be a night to remember."

"A night to remember, huh?" She grins, taking the bowl of popcorn from me and sitting it over on the nightstand.

"Mmhmm"

She swings her legs over my waist, straddling me as I sit propped up against the headboard.

I run my hands up her thighs and under the oversized t-shirt she's in, settling my hands on her hips.

She bends her head, kissing me roughly before pulling away to ask, "Well, how about we start now?"

♡♡♡♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

End of Chapter 22