“Oh what time is it?” I asked while still lying down and looking at her.

“It’s time to wake up.” She said with a sweet voice, grinning.

“Seriously. What are you doing here? Don’t you have to get back to class or something?”

“It’s lunch break already. I’m walking around the school.” She quickly replied. I never knew that I was sleeping for that whole time being. Good thing this girl came to wake me up. Anyway, that was some childish dream. Why the heck did I dream of a rabbit?

“Are you on duty?”

“No. I’m a new student here.” She answered immediately. She responded to my questions without even pausing.

“Then why are you here? Shouldn’t you be eating or talking to your new classmates by now?” I continued with another question.

“Not until I see the whole school. Why are you here?”

“None of your business. Why are you walking around alone? Are you a loner?”

“I don’t know anyone yet. You? Why are you alone here?”

“I’m a loner.” I replied, being sarcastic.

“Oh. Then why don’t we become friends?” She said. What the heck… She took it seriously.

I stood up and said, “Okay, I’m going to get some food now. You can go back to what you were doing.” As I stood up, I noticed that she was petite, and her uniform was large for her. I found it cute and funny though. “Anyways, thanks for waking me up.” I said as I faced away.

“Anytime!” She shouted.

“Sure.” I replied, glancing at her delicate face one last time before walking away.

“Wait! Don’t you wanna know my name?”

“Nah. Next time.” I said, raising my right arm. I did not intend to become friends with her even though she was adorable.

I went to the cafeteria, and I was literally thinking about milk tea and pasta. I was having a peaceful feast when a person touched my shoulder. I continued eating and did not bother to look.

“Dale!” Zein called. Still, I ignored him. He sat down beside me, throwing his fries on the table.

“What happened? I thought you were studying?” I asked while chewing my food.

“I was, I have a trivia for you. Did you know that x plus x is equal to two x?” He explained. Whoa… He was dumber than I thought. That was taught when we were in grade school. Well, that was Zein. I couldn’t expect much from him, but I still didn’t know how he reached high school without even learning the basics. I was slightly like him but I was a lot better compared to him.

“Really? That’s interesting.” I answered as if I wasn’t aware.

“I know. If I keep this up, I’ll surely be ahead of everyone, even Riley Beasley.”

“I believe so.” I said, although I think a six year old could be a quicker learner than he was. Even in a million years, he wouldn’t make it to Riley’s level. He was the school’s number one student. He excels in academics, sports, arts, music and everything else. Also, he was very popular to both men and women, maybe even gays too but he was not very sociable.

“If you need help with your homework, you can always ask me for help.”

“Sure.” I lied. I could probably get more help from Avraham than Zein.

“Are you planning to cut class after this?” He asked with a steady look. I paused for a moment to think. Unconsciously, I remembered what my mom told me before I left.