The Shadow of the Past

Start from the beginning

Saying this she sips the drink from his mug....

Donna :- And you are drinking strong ginger tea with some black pepper in it....means you are missing her....

Anuj pretending to be annoyed...

Anuj:- You did your Donna thing on me again....you know it's been years and I am still not used to it.... it's seriously annoying...

Donna :- Do you want me to continue or.....

Anuj :- okay fine....I was thinking about her....

Anuj sighed in defeat.

Donna :- Anuj...

Anuj :- Yess...

Donna :- Do you want me to...?

Anuj:- No Donna.....I don't have any rights...

Donna :- But Anuj....there is nothing wrong about knowing the whereabouts of your loved ones....you aren't interfering in her life....

Anuj :- Keeping track of her life would be as much betrayal to her as interfering.....

Donna sighed looking at her friend in defeat.

Donna :- You and your reasons....I just don't get them..

Anuj :- No one does...Donna..

Anuj paused for a bit and then continued...

Anuj:- plus if something was wrong...Devika would have informed me....

Donna:- Why don't you give Devika a call ?

Anuj :- I don't know Donna she has been trying to avoid talking to me for months.... whenever I ask her if everything is alright with her....she gets weird....I don't know... something is off....maybe she is tired of my devdas attitude...

Donna :- Don't act naive....you know Devika isn't like this...she might be busy or dealing with some issues....

Anuj :- That's the thing Donna....if she is in a difficult situation....I want to know about it....she has been always there for me...now is my turn...and....

Donna:- And....

Anuj :- Nothing.....

Donna :- I know there is something else...are you telling me or I have to force it out of you..... ?

Anuj:-I don't know Donna..... I know Devika has told me that Anu is happy with her family....with her kids... it's just that something in me is telling that she is not okay....

Donna:- It's been a year since you both talked about her....and ....you have been anxious for months Anuj....and it's not healthy....better call her and clear it up....

Anuj :- You can tell....?

Donna :- Come on....I can... GK can... you haven't been your usual self lately..... even Harvey was bothered that something is going on with you....

Anuj :- You're kidding me right?.... your so called cocky, narcissist, self absorbed husband can tell if something is wrong with me...... that's surprising...

Anuj said with a smirk on his face.

Donna was annoyed but said with a smile....

Donna :- you know why you and most of the people don't like him?

Anuj:- I believe you are gonna tell me why....

Donna :- Because people just don't like that he is right all the time....and he wins...

She took a pause and added...

Donna :- he might be a little self absorbed but he is a great lawyer and he hasn't reached there by ignoring what's going on in his surroundings....Mr Kapadia