CHAPER 16 [EXTRA] - What Could Have Been

The long awaited bonus chapter which involves the unofficial ending that involved the unchosen poll option result. AKA: The good ending!
Enjoy :D
TW: S3LF H4RM, PSYCH WARD, SXICID4L IDEATIONS
(Y/A) = Your age
- - -
- 2ND PERSON POV -

Quiet had become a regular part of your life for a very long time.

It's not like you're complaining, but other people sure were. It was like after the incident your voice gave out. Like you just couldn't bring yourself to communicate anymore, which is basically true. Not only is it true, but it worries everyone.

Everyone's worries directly led to this situation now. Sitting on the most uncomfortable bed with uncomfortable pillows and a thin barely-existant sheet for a blanket, wearing a hoodie with the strings taken out and shorts. It was visiting hours in the psych ward that you were sent to three weeks ago, which was your least favorite hour.

It was probably your least favorite hour because you watched as most of the other kids your age had loving families visiting that rejoiced when they saw them or just no family visiting at all. You were stuck with that annoying middle ground where your fathers would visit, usually twice or three times a week, and just sit there. Sit there like it was the first time you've met and they didn't know how to interact with you anymore.

Sometimes you wished you could still choke out a word or two. Sometimes you wish that the dull scabs on your arm left from scratching would silence their dull burning and allow you to feel something else. Sometimes you wish that you had never found out who your sister really was.

You sat up upon hearing the shuffling outside of your room's door, assuming it was a nurse coming with your dads for their regular visit. However, as the nurse knocked on the door, something felt very wrong.

"(Y/N)? Your sister, (S/N), is here to see you!"

The simple sentence struck fear through your heart. You haven't seen (S/N) since the incident.

She entered the room, smiling lightly at you. Her hands were awkward and nervous. "Hey, (Y/N).."

You meagerly shook your head and looked at the floor, refusing to make eye contact.

You heard your sister sigh as she sat down on the pitiful-excuse of a bed. It was silent for a moment as she pondered on what to say. That was until you heard her soft squeaking voice pipe up softly. "(Y/N).. I'm sorry..."

This made you look at her. All you could feel was anger. "Don't apologize to me." Your voice was hoarse from weeks of it not being used.

"I-"
Before she could finish, you stood up and walked out of your room to find the nearest nurse and ask them to take you to the 'vent room' (which was really just a padded and soundproof room with stress toys in it so it was safe to scream and punch and throw things at the wall if it's needed.)

As you found a nurse, you walked up to them and tugged at their sleeve. You recognized it as nurse Raven. They smiled down at you. "Hey, (Y/N)!"
"..." You looked at the ground.
"Vent room again?"
"..." You nodded.
They nodded, moving their short brown hair away from their eyes. "Alright, let's go."

- - -

It was just over two months of your total stay when you were finally discharged from the psych ward. The nurses, who you were finally speaking to, waved a goodbye to you and smiled. You hugged nurse Raven, who you had gotten particularly close to. As you did, you heard them mutter, "Hope I never have to see you again.. in the good way, though."

You laughed a bit and nodded. "Yeah, hope I never see you again, too, Nurse Ray."
They laughed back in return before walking you out of the main ward and to the downstairs part which you had never really seen.

Once you were there, you quickly noticed the waiting-room-like area, along with Clay standing against a wall and George sitting in a chair near him. You smiled widely, running over to Clay who had only just looked over. His eyes widened right before you hugged him.

He smiled and hugged back.

- - -

The auditorium was cold, but a comforting cold. You sat on the zero with your legs gently dangling off the edge of the stage. You've never had a room this big all to yourself.

It was after school. You were supposed to be in some club, but you opted to sit there instead. It was comforting. You could yell, and the only person who would hear you was yourself.

That was when you heard a backstage door open. You felt anxiety roll through your veins, quickly wiping away your tears before whoever was there could see you crying.
Footsteps grew near, they were cautious and soft. Almost afraid.

They sat next to you.
You looked over and saw (S/N).

"Hey.." She spoke.
You looked away, drawing your legs up to your chest.

Much to your horror, there was no one to take in your sister, and your fathers felt the foster system was cruel. So here you sat in the same school and the same house. You ignored her all day every day, not quite ready to face the person she really was.

After a moment of your silence she spoke once more. "...I didn't want to do it, you know..?"
"..." You said nothing, but looked at her with an encouraging glance.
"..It was just some girl.. Her name was Jaqueline, I think? I don't know- I- She seemed mad.. and I- I don't know what she thought you and Clay and George did but she was mad... And one day she DMed me-" She began to sniffle but quickly wiped the tears away. "She said- She said that she knew I was your sister and that if I didn't post the picture she- she was going to kill you..!"

(S/N) shook her head, now looking away from you. "And.. and you know how my paranoia is.. I didn't- I didn't want.. I didn't want you to get hurt. I should have just told you, Clay, and George.. that's my fault..."

And you felt yourself unable to speak, instead opting to lay your head on (S/N)'s shoulder. Now you both sat there in the cold and empty auditorium.

- - -

"WOOOO!"
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
"LET'S GOOO!"

You laughed gently and smiled as the rest of your family brought out your birthday cake.
"Thanks guys-" You spoke, shaking your head, "But you didn't need to get a cake this big."

This brought everyone's attention to the three-tiered cake, decorated beautifully, and layered with your two favorite cake flavors.

Clay scoffed. "You say 'got' as if we bought it." The cake was placed on the table, "George baked this, you know? Plus you only turn (Y/A) once, soooo!"

You quickly looked over at your brunette father, who was now looking away bashfully. He shook his head. "I used a YouTube tutorial-"
"Thanks papa!" You grinned at him
He just smiled

As the day went by faster than you thought possible, you thought back on the events of the year with a smile.
Sure, it was difficult, but you were getting through it.

As you sat in your fathers warm embrace, you thanked your luck of who's care you ended up in.

///
THE END :D
Did you guys like/prefer the good ending? Lmk :>
Thank you so much for the overwhelming support on this story. I have other similar books for the SBI and Benchtrio, so make sure you check those out if you really enjoy!

I love you ❤️
~Angel