Chapter 15 FINALE. Happy Endings Come to Those Who Wait, Right?

YES THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER.
You guys voted for several months, and the result was astoundingly towards Option 2. AKA, the bad ending.
You chose this. Don't blame me
TW: Su1c1d3.
- - -
- 2ND PERSON POV -

Wind blows a lot faster when you're up in the trees. You could feel it blowing through your hair and bringing a chill to your bones. You could hear the speaking and the shouting of people you once loved.

But it's gone now.

Your body was numb, but your heart was so much more. Even in the winter the Florida sun beamed on you from above, creating small beads of sweat that dripped down your forehead.

It didn't make any sense. Your sister was gone, shipped off to a different part of the world. But you still felt it. You still felt the burning in your stomach that rose to your nose and made you cry. She was the only thing left, right? So why. Why does your heart burn and ache for something more, something better? Why do you wish that things were different in a life so perfect?

"PLEASE!" You could hear the familiar yell of a soft American voice. It was your father, and it sounded like he was crying.
You've been here for a while, and the two were vaguely aware of your plan. They've been trying to coax you down. At first you were talking to them. Now you remain silent, listening to the shouts that slowly grew more and more panicked.

As they shouted you remembered the night that they found you. You can remember crying on the street with a suitcase next to you, being scared as two strangers approached you.
And then you smiled. You remembered everything and everyone who's ever been there for you. Even your sister, who up until recently was like your best friend. You remember the people you met in the U.K, in and out of your life in a moment.

Yet still, pain lingered in your chest. The candle's flame has gone out. You weren't a fool, you knew that it was your time. Absentmindedly you climb more up the branches, the shouting from below grew more faint. Never in life had you felt so free and in control. The breeze felt stronger in the trees the more and more you travelled upwards. Even as branches cracked, you didn't feel anxious. You simply felt... ready.

Then suddenly you looked down.

The ground looked a mile away. Clay sat on his knees sobbing into his hands, George was next to him with a hand on the American's shoulder.

Guilt.
Guilt raced through your spine, your veins, and every inch of your body. All you could see was them sad, them crying. It was as if the emotion fully replaced the numbness that you once felt. You want the numbness back.

It's your fault.
But you already knew.

You need to jump.
But you already planned to do it.

Suddenly you felt the familiar feeling of paper balled up in your fist. The note you had spent hours writing and crafting laid in your palm. With a sniffle, you threw it down at your fathers. It hit Clay's head, making him look up at you. His eyes were puffy and tired, his cheeks were red, and his face was stained with tears and sweat.

He looked at you for another moment with his dad eyes before his eyes went to the note. As he picked it up and opened it, him and George were reading.

This was it.

You have to do it now. While they aren't looking.
So you did.

//////

Death fucking hurt.
The world was the color of nothing except for a tiny gap which you could see through.

The gap was like Google Earth in real time. You could be anywhere, see anything, but you couldn't change a single thing.

You watched through the gap, looking at Clay and George. They heard the impact of you falling to the ground head-first and stopped reading the note.

"(Y/N)!" You heard one of them cry, but the voice was distant and didn't sound quite right. Who it was, you couldn't tell. You could tell, though, that George stood in place, eyes wide as tears fell from his eyes. It was like he was frozen.

Clay, however, was quick to shoot onto his feet. He ran in the direction of your body, with a skull cracked open, and he kneeled to your side. You could hear the pained animalistic screams.

You wanted to feel guilt, or fear, or sadness, even disgust.
But there was only anger.
Anger as you reached out for Clay's face, your hand stuck through the gap but he couldn't see it.

That was when you stepped through the gap in the darkness.
You were in the world again. No one saw you, but you saw them. You looked at your father as he cried for you, mourning your death.

You hugged him despite the growing feeling of hate.

Hate so deep and true that it hurt and made you shake from its intensity.
And as you ignored the hate and anger thumping in your soul, you reached out for Clay's face and cupped his cheeks lightly. Your thumbs wiped his tears, just as he had done for you so many times, surprisingly smudging them across his face. His expression changed to confusion, almost fear, as you smiled.

"I'm sorry, Dad."
He hears you.
"...(Y/N)..?"
"I love you."

The hate grew.
You hear sirens in the distance, approaching quickly.
As an ambulance approached your mortal body, you coughed. The hate turned to blinding pain. The world was fuzzy.

You shouldn't be here.
But you already knew.

The last thing you saw before everything faded away was the two men who had nearly saved your life hugging. Crying. That was your fault.

The anger washed you away to the wind.
To a better place.

---
The End.
Anyone who isn't satisfied with this ending, I will soon post the positive ending as well, but this is the official ending that you all chose.

I hope you all enjoyed reading! I know I enjoyed writing, even though this book took about a year to write-
Thank you for reading, voting, and commenting. Your feedback warms my heart-

~<3 Angel