CHAPTER 1 - Hot Cocoa

TW - Anxiety, mentions of toxic parenting, mentions of homophobia/transphobia, light swearing
(C/N) = Country Name

———

- 2ND PERSON POV -

As you were lead inside a house by the two familiar YouTubers, your gaze stuck to the ground. You genuinely didn't want to see Dream's face before his face reveal, but it seemed like that would be inevitable.

The door opened and you stepped inside, the warmth swallowing you and amplifying your shivers as your body attempted to rise its body temperature to that of the room. You were sat down on a couch, a blanket was wrapped around you. When did Dream let go of your shoulders?

George looked at your shivering figure and spoke. "Do you like hot cocoa?" You weakly nodded as an answer, bringing the blanket closer. The Brit grinned. "I'll make some for you..!"

"Aww, not for me too Gogy? ):" Dream spoke with a pout. You wondered how a person could physically say '):' for a moment before brushing it off as you listened to George's reply.
"Shut up, Dream! God, you're so annoying.."
You glanced up to see Dream was facing the other way so you could see only his back and his dirty-blond hair while George faced you and you could see him speak.

You could practically hear the pout on Dream's face as he spoke. "Wow, that's rude.. you're always rude to me!"
George scoffed and walked away, Dream then turning to face your direction. Your gaze quickly went back down to the floor. Still uncomfortable with seeing him before he wanted you to.

You could feel the couch shifting and creaking beside you, and a weight dipping the cushions down in a way they hadn't before. Dream sat down next to you.

"You know you can look at me, right?" He spoke, his hand gently being placed on your back. "I really don't mind-"

Ready to decline, you opened your mouth. However your eyes instinctively shot up to look at the other due to the strict eye-contact rules that had been implemented in you at a young age. You froze as you met his greenish-brownish eyes and quickly glanced back down. "I- I'm sorry- I didn't want- I just-"

Dream let out what started as a laugh then turned into his iconic wheeze. "Don't worry about it, kid.. Actually, that reminds me. What's your name?"

"(Y/N).."
"Well, nice to meet ya! I guess you already know who I am, heh.."

The room fell silent, your fingers twiddled together and you felt uncomfortable. Silence became awkward and tense quickly, and you wanted to break it. "This is weird.."

The Youtuber hummed. "What's weird?"
"This..! I mean, my parents kicked me out and left me in a foreign area that I don't know my way around after I told them I was (LGBTQ+), and then my favorite YouTubers come up and save me from a panic attack and take me into their home. What about that is normal?"
Dream listened carefully to your rambling, noticing that tears filled your eyes as you spoke.

Gently, he reached out to wipe away the tears staining your face. "Well, yeah, I get that. But George and I are people, y'know? We're just doing what's right in the end." He smiled softly, and you allowed yourself to meet his eyes for once.

You took in his features for a moment. The soft smile remained on his lips, his eyes shone with concern. His cheeks and nose dusted with the slightest hint of red, presumably from the cold outdoors. You then smiled back at him. "I know.. and thanks, most people would just not wanna get involved."

"Anytime."

With that, the room fell into silence once more. This time a comfortable silence, not an awkward one. Dream kept a hand resting softly on your shoulder, rubbing his thumb in circles along it gently. He hoped he could comfort you during this time of need.

Soon, George came back. The smell of warmth and chocolate hit your nose as you and Dream were handed mugs. Inside them was hot cocoa, topped with marshmallows and a dab of whipped cream. You blew on the liquid to cool it before sipping gently.
The warmth spread through your system quickly, and you smiled at George. "Thank you.."

The YouTuber only smiled and nodded, his own mug in his hands. "Of course... um..."

"(Y/N)."
"(Y/N)!"

He grinned, sitting on the other side of you that Dream didn't occupy.

George looked to the side at the two of you. "Television?"

You and Dream let out simultaneous snickers, and you took another sip of the hot cocoa. "What's so funny?"

Dream answered for you, as there was hot cocoa still running down your throat. "You're just... so... British-" You nearly spit out the drink, quickly swallowing to let out a hearty laugh.

"You're both awful!" George pouted, turning on the T.V and flickering through the channels.

As he settled on the show Friends, you three watched for a few moments peacefully before said peace was broken by George. "So... Um... (Y/N).. when will someone be coming back for you..?"

"They won't be." You answered simply, sipping some hot cocoa. Hot cocoa make the pain go away ):
Dream's eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean..?"
You smiled sadly, as if you were expecting to be abandoned. "Well, if you can't tell.. My family was on the way to the airport back home to (C/N). They kicked me out. I'm not going back.." a tear slipped out of your eye, and it was quickly wiped away by your own hand as you sipped more of the comforting hot cocoa.

It went silent, and a sniffle was heard from beside you. It was George. "Your parents are... are horrible people..!" He seemed to be crying too. You let out a breathy laugh.
"Hey now, aren't I supposed to be the one crying here..?"

Dream let out a small chuckle, giving both you and George soft head pats. "Both of you cheer up... the important thing is that (Y/N) is safe now, with us here. 'Kay?" Both you and the oldest nodded. It was now you discovered Dream gives excellent head pats. They comforted and calmed you down.

"Why, thank you-"
"...Did I say the head pats thing out loud?"
"Yea-" "Mhm-"
"Shit-"