Douma's new friends

Throughout the next few weeks, Douma stayed in the infinity fortress while he was being 'observed' by Kokushibo. To absolutely nobody's surprise, he was extremely sociable with the uppermoons, often having to be dragged away by Akaza before he got himself killed on many occasions for being too rude or disrespectful to the demons, or as he put it, being 'honest'.

Despite this, he seemed to get along quite well with Gyokko, the uppermoon 5 and the two would sit in the corner and talk about art for hours on end. Most of the time it was difficult to tell if the blonde was even interested in art at all, but since he had someone to brag to, Gyokko couldn't care less.

He was deemed 'too loud' for Hantengu to want to be around most of the time, although sometimes he would pat the smaller demon on the head and giggle, and as long as he was quiet about it, the small demon would let him sit there for a while and just chill.

Despite his initial greeting with the highest rank, The pinkette urged Douma to stay out of his way and not interact with him, especially when he himself was gone on a mission and couldn't defend him. However the teen wasn't eager to give up, and simply sat opposite the six eyed demon once he was doing what looked like meditating and talked, like he had done when he had first met Akaza.

At first it seemed as if the demon was irritated by his presence, but after a while he opened his eyes and nodded along, sometimes even joining in on the mostly one sided conversation, which was a huge victory for the blonde, despite getting a huge whack on the head from the striped demon when he returned, for being reckless and going against what he had said.

The only demon he couldn't seem to get along with was the uppermoon 3, Kunari. No matter what he did or said, she would scoff, and growl and push past him, often leaving bruises or bleeding scratches as she did so. Of course he was lectured and cursed at by Akaza when this happened, but no matter how angry or annoyed the older man was, he always sighed and wrapped up the cuts gently once he was finished shouting.

It was baffling, how he could even get Nakime and Kokushibo to talk to him, but not this uppermoon 3.

Of course he was given one of the many rooms in the infinity fortress, but despite that, he insisted on staying with the pinkette, who blushed neon red at the notion but eventually agreed, claiming it was for the humans safety, so none of the others would harm him when Akaza wasn't around, which caused quite a few eye rolls and amused sniggers from the other demons who were in the room.

When the smaller male wasn't away on missions, he 'reluctantly' hung out with the blonde, and found himself actually enjoying his company more the better they got to know each other, despite the others inability to respect personal space. Not that Akaza would ever admit it to anyone. Especially not the other demons who would have only teased him about becoming 'soft' as they put it.

The sheer amount of deep scratches and bruises the younger man came back with after every interaction with Kunari made his blood boil in fury. He would yell at Douma for trying to talk with her, but inside he was just mad he couldn't take his anger out on her personally. He wasn't really angry with his friend, who was too naïve to understand that you couldn't be friends with everybody you want. The naivety was one of the things he liked about the teen. It was so different from the people he usually talked to. Aka the other uppermoons or the demon slayers he was killing.

Sometimes he really wished the uppermoon 3 was a man. Then he could beat the living shit out of her and not be breaking his vow. Of course those thoughts only angered himself later, scolding himself internally for even thinking of harming a woman. No matter who or what that woman is. A vow is a vow after all.

Until she did something that really drove him over the edge.....