The Skeleton Sign Language

Papyrus was still asleep when you woke up, so you thought about it. There was a chance to get your voice back. Your fingers brushed against the scars on your neck. But... you were also very curious about this MSL. Besides, there was a chance that it wouldn't work either. MSL was your best bet. " M s . [ L / N ] . " You jolted and looked over to the lone echo flower. Papyrus grumbled but otherwise didn't wake. " I w o u l d l i k e t o h a v e a w o r d , p l e a s e . " The echo flower garbled in some sort of static. You stood up slowly. " F o l l o w m y v o i c e p l e a s e . " The static sounded from outside the room. You reluctantly looked back at Papyrus, then followed the static. He needed his rest. " I a p o l o g i z e f o r d r a g g i n g y o u a w a y f r o m y o u r m a t e . " You wished you could understand what the voice was saying. " B u t I w a n t t o h e l p y o u . " You followed the echo flowers. " I f a n y o n e c a n t e a c h y o u w i n g d i n g s a n d k e e p t h e t h i n g w i t h i n a t b a y . . . " You followed then to a grey door. You hesitantly opened it to see... a skeleton? " I t i s I, W . D . G a s t e r ! "
🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝

You stared at the rather cheery, but melted looking skeleton. There was cracks in his skull, with one eyelight colored the yellow orange of Papyrus magic while the other was that light lime green of what you assumed was Sans magic. His tail was barely visible beneath the black mass that made up his body. This was great. You couldn't talk and you definitely had no idea what he was saying. He seemed to have the answer to this as one hand shaped an 'A' in English, and a peace sign with the other. You were so freaking confused. He made a 'B' and the ok sign. 'C' and a thumbs up, 'D' and a thumbs down. Your eyes widened in realization. It was the MSL. It had to be. You quickly started to copy and memorize each sign. There was MANY signs that were practically impossible to do, it seemed this wasn't MSL, it was SSL. Skeleton Sign Language. Only skeletons could do it properly. Still, you did your best and got praised with pats on the head. " M y s o n i s p r o b a b l y w o r r i e d a b o u t y o u , y o u s h o u l d g o . " The skeleton signed as you slowly worked through what he was saying. " D o n ' t b e a f r a i d t o v i si t ! "
🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝

You reluctantly signed back as you tried to recall what meant what. "Wait, why don't you come with me? What is your name?" You signed very slowly. He gave a patient smile. "I a m W . D . G a s t e r , a n d I a m a f r a i d t h a t I c a n ' t l e a v e t h i s r o o m w i t h o u t , w e l l , d i s a p e a r i n g . I s i m p l y d o n o t e x i s t i n y o u r w o r l d . " Gaster explained. Questions aside, you wanted to help him since he helped you. Maybe Papyrus would have ideas on how to do it? But what if Papyrus precieved Gaster as some sort of threat? Yet... you had a sneaking suspicion that they were related, somehow. "I'm going to help you." You declared to him. "Just wait a bit longer and I'll help you" Gaster looked taken aback and smiled gratefully at you. " T a k e y o u r t i m e , [ Y / N ] . . " He signed.

Get Papyrus?

Help him yourself?