Mute..?

Slowly, shakily, you took the monsters hand and he pulled her up and into his chest. "ya look chilled to the bone, kiddo. want me to take ya to town? i know a shortcut." He was a really tall skeleton with a yellow hoodie, black cargo shorts, canid paws, and a tail. He looked worried? That confused you. Nobody ever worried about you before. You gave him a hesitant nod. He looked down at your lack of winterwear. Your socks were soaked by now and you were a shivering mess. "i've got a better idea." He hugged you closed and there was a flash of honey orange, and you were suddenly on a house. The carpet was zigzag blue and purple with a TV, a green sofa, a table with a rock on it?, and a stairway leading up to two other rooms. "why don't ya sit down kid. i'll getcha a blanket and something warm to drink. then we can talk." The canid skeleton went upstairs to the room furthest from the door. Talking, unfortunately, would be a bit of a problem. Soon he was back, with a blanket. "ya should take off those socks too, might get sick.." You were already one step ahead, abandoning your socks and snuggling into the warmth of the blanket with a content sigh.
🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝

Soon the weird skeleton had come back, a cup of coco in his clawed hands. You took note that those could do some major damage. Everything about him screamed potential threat, yet he was being NICE. To you. It was strange. "so... let's start with your name. i'm papyrus."
"..." As much as you wanted to, you couldn't reply. It was due to a childhood injury that you didn't really like to 'talk' about. Your vocal cords were paralyzed, leaving you unable to talk. "uh..." You looked around for something to write in. It was truly too bad you left your little notebook at Kane's. "can you... not talk..?" You shook your head. "i see... hold up a sec." Papyrus disappeared again and returned with a notebook and pen. You took them happily. "How do you do that?"
"do what?" Papyrus asked, slightly confused. "Disappear and reappear in a flash." You explained. "oh that? well magic of course." He grinned stupidly and you puffed your cheeks. "seriously though, can i know your name?"
"It's [Y/N]. [Y/N] [L/N]."
🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝

You and Papyrus talked for a bit, until he asked the wrong question. "how'd you get down here?" You looked away, pushing the notebook away. That was something you weren't ready to speak of that yet. Papyrus got the message. "alright then. we won't talk about it.." For now. Then Sans burst in. "PAPYRUS-" You both stared at the smaller canid skeleton as he stared at you. "THAT ISN'T CHARA." He pointed out, confused. "nope. this is [Y/N]." Papyrus introduced. "Chara?" You'd grabbed the notebook again, pulling at Papyrus hoodie to get his attention. "they were a human that used to live in the underground. they aren't here anymore so you won't meet them." Papyrus replied, unsure if you knew about reset. You didn’t...yet. "SHE CAN'T TALK?" You shook your head as Papyrus replied, "nope. mute i guess." You went with that, nodding and subtly making sure the scars were covered. Thankfully they were. "WELL THEN. ARE YOU HUNGRY HUMAN? I CAN MAKE BURRITOS? NO... I WILL MAKE BURRITOS!" The skeleton ran to what you assumed was the kitchen. "Who was that?"
"him? that was my big bro sans." You nodded, and yawned. "tired too, eh?" You nodded. "ya can sleep after dinner bud." He promised.
🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝

Papyrus POV

I felt it from the moment I saw her. The pull. The girl that wasn't supposed to be here was my soulmate. I could tell she'd been through some tough situations. As she slept on the couch after burritos, Sans padded over. "DO YOU THINK SHE KNOWS ANYTHING?" I shook my head. "don't think so. any ideas as to why she fell insteada chara?"
"NONE YET, BUT I'LL FIND OUT." Sans replied. "she's the one sans." He looked to me, startled. "YOUR..."
"soulmate." He nodded. "THIS JUST GOT COMPICATED..." Sans murmured, deep in thought. I knew that.
🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝

Your POV

"You can't hold me back forever~." The Demon hissed. "I can sure try!" You shot back. Naturally you could talk in your mindscape. "Not without help. If you tell Papyrus, he'll kill you, you know~."
"You don't no that!"
"Actually, I do. I know the monsters better than anybody."
"Don't listen to them, they only know how to KILL them!" A new voice entered the argument. It was a kid in a blue and purple sweater. "Frisk... you'll get her killed if she listens to you!"
"You'll get her hated if she listens to you!"

Listen to Frisk?

Listen to the Player?