11. Surprise Visit

Start from the beginning

"Sleep. It's late already." He whispered.

She could not understand what he was trying to do.

She sighed and tried to catch up on her sleep, but the sleep was no where around.
He was wide awake, with closed eyes, while she could not muster courage to sleep in an awkward position.

The morning slowly approached and the night was being wiped away with chirping birds and light rays.

"Pranav?" She called out.

He hummed in response.

"Isn't it time for your exercise?" She asked, with the hope that she might get a chance to go in and dress modestly.

"Just stay for some more time." He replied with still closed eyes.

"Won't you get late?" She asked again.

He opened his eyes and looked at her. They had a lot of emotions pooling in.
"How I wish I could stop the time. If I regret anything, I regret being late."

She parted her lips and looked at him.
She was very well aware that there was a lot deeper meaning to what he said.

"Kiss me on my neck." He whispered with urgency.

She widened her eyes and then blinked rapidly to understand what he said.

"Now." He ordered in a whisper.

She silently complied and placed her lips on his neck, giving a few pecks here and there.
He threaded his fingers in her hair and held her in place.

After a moment, he pushed her head back, gently.

"Thank you." He whispered, looking in her eyes.

After few more moments of silence, he picked her up again and walked inside. He placed her gently on the bed, still wrapped in the duvet. He then walked towards the bathroom to take a shower.

He came out all ready for work, after the shower. She was still sitting in the same position, thinking about all that happened.

She was pulled out of her reverie, when Pranav's came out of the closet. She silently walked towards the bathroom to get ready.

When she came down, she was surprised to see her father-in-law at the breakfast table without her husband. She smiled at him and walked to him to touch his feet. Pranav's did not look up, when his father lovingly placed his hand on her head and blessed her with long prosperous life.

They were done with the breakfast and Pranav was giving the updates of the recent happenings at the office when, they were informed of arrival of Shraddha's parents.

Pranav knew, this would not result in something good.
He walked ahead and touched their feet and requested them to be seated. After an informal greeting was shared between Pranav's father and Shraddha's parents, the moment arrived that Pranav feared of.

"We were looking forward to take our daughter for a few days." Shraddha's father spoke up.

"Off-course, why not. She will need a change after so long." Pranav's father replied happily. He was unusually happy for some unknown reason.

"No. She is not going anywhere." Pranav suddenly spoke up.

Everyone was startled. For some reason, Shraddha was not surprised.

"You did not send her last time too. Even we miss our daughter. She has all the right to come and visit and place." Shraddha's father spoke up.

Pranav looked at her and she widened her eyes. He clenched his jaw, as he was aware that Shraddha had told her parents that he forbid her to leave the premises of the Villa.

"My answer still remains the same. She will not leave." He said giving his wife a challenging look.

Shraddha looked down, not able to bare his gaze.

"She is my daughter. You can't keep her restrained like this." her father snapped.

Pranav's gave out a loud menacing laugh, startling everyone.

"You should have thought of your daughter, before marrying her off to me. Now, she is my wife. Just my wife. Nothing else matters." Pranav replied in a cold and threatening voice.

Her parents left with another disappointment.

Pranav's father furrowed his brows and looked at his son. But Pranav just walked out of the house, repeating his instructions to the security.

--------------------------------------------

Another chapter up.

Vote.....
Comment.......

Love.........