وادی | Valley

Chapter 10

Chapter 10.

Aliyaar did not want to close his eyes, at all. Over his right pectoral and under his chin the weight of her head was a delirious poison. His fingers stroked the bare arms that piled out of the silk sheets. Their legs had been tangled into a muddled mess overnight, her head finding it's way to his warm chest in the middle of the night. He stared at the creme ceilings and the cylindrical chandelier that with it's long crystals cast rainbows over the bed-frame. The light scattered through it and from the thick curtains that, he had forgotten to pull close last night,streams of sunlight filled in.

The bright screen of his phone blinded his already hazy vision as he read the bold white words 08:00. Eight am, on the dot. Placing the phone back on its place, ignoring the blaring red on the battery. Aliyaar breathed in softly and felt his waist cramp up. He was still living in the fatigue from the day prior, already wondering how was he expected to entertain a whole crowd of people in the evening once more. Weddings were tiring. They were nothing like the books described them to be ; there was no erotic wedding night and at the very least not at all comforting for the couple.

A silent yawn escaped his mouth, the pale eye lids clenched shut as he felt tiredness wash over him. Last night he had slept fitfully. Frozen in place, he could not turn and with Barekhna in his arms his body warmed up infinitely. He was not used to cuddling nor did he wear full clothing to bed. In his ever apparent need to accommodate her, Aliyaar was left feeling out of place. The back of his neck itched furiously as the tag of the shirt rubbed against it. Not all of the blame though could be placed on the sudden change in surroundings. Last night all of his dreams had been fulfilled. He had attained what ever his wildest dreams had been. His business had pulled through what could be called a tornado that pulled him in for a disaster. One that would leave him destroyed. To top it off, Aliyaar had married the woman he loved. There was nothing more he dreamt of, nothing more his heart desired. With a life so blissful, settled and full of blessings, sleep had abandoned him.

Dribbling raps on the door filtered through the abysmal silence to his ears. His reverie was broken but before he could break out of their embrace, the door was pulled open. Aliyaar grimaced, he had out of habit not locked the door — a thing he would soon have to change. Lilah popped in, grinning at him, dressed in a salmon pink dress. She bounced over to them with a giddy look in her eye, a sparkle as she waved at him shyly. Her eyes wide as they observed the figure of Barekhna, hidden under the duvet.

"Lilah!" Aliyaar warned as she reached out to touch Barekhna's hand.

"Yaar?" She whispered, tearing at the sound of his snarl.

"Why are you here?"

"Mama — mama asked me to come get — get come get you two." Lilah swallowed, wiping her hands against the bedsheets.