Chapter 27: This is for you, Dad

Start from the beginning

No one paid attention to the two girls hiding in the crowd. At this moment, the girls' focus has been moved to Su Xiaobao, who came out last.

"You know, Su Xiaobao is actually so handsome."

"Su Xiaobao has always been handsome."

In the past, the twins' background made other students habitually avoid them and never cared whether Su Xiaobao looked handsome or not. But when Su Xiaobao's figure fell into their eyes today, he was already a rich and handsome young master.

"Really ah. I think Su Xiaobao is actually more handsome than the school grass."

"I also think so. Young master Xu can only be considered quite handsome in our school. Compared with Su Xiaobao, however, he isn't on the same level."

Xu Lang who was passing by: "..."

Xu Lang has lost his previous bearing, and his whole body was shrouded in gloominess. During the two months when Su Bei and Su Xiaobao disappeared, no one knew how tormented he was. Worry and guilt haunted him almost every second. The root of this matter laid on himself. If only he hadn't used Su Bei as a cover, Zhou Hongmei and her gang wouldn't beat Su Bei. The following online video and rumors wouldn't appear, the school wouldn't suspend Su Bei, and the sibling wouldn't disappear.

Xu Lang's mind kept repeating the scene from the day when he stopped Su Bei to give the explanation. Her thin back that he saw when she walked away couldn't be erased from his mind.

Xu Lang had always wished to see Su Bei once again. He was going to apologize to her and then told her his real feeling. But he didn't expect that on their next reunion, the girl had become someone that he couldn't afford anymore.

His family's business might be good in the eye of the county school students. But compared with the Qin Group, it was hardly a drop in the ocean. Not to mention that some problems had recently started to emerge.

...

Under the students' shock and gossips, Su Bei and Su Xiaobao followed Qin Shao to leave the school. He also brought back the twins' school record. Inside the car, Mr. Qin was turning over the files. As Chen De reported, the two children's achievements were very good. They were the top scorer of their grade in almost every exam. Moreover, Su Xiaobao also won many competitions and awards.

Mr. Qin read the files in silence. Although his expression was unchanged, there was a trace of satisfaction in his eyes.

"Dad, are we going back now?" Su Bei asked Qin Shao.

"Mm", Qin Shao responded. He turned to look at the two children suddenly: "Otherwise, you have another place to visit?"

"Can we go back to our old house? It's not far and won't take time by car." When she and Su Xiaobao left, they only carried two school bags from their old home. There were many things still not taken away, and some of them were the relics left by Grandma Wang. Su Bei wanted to clean up the house and brought back their remaining belongings.

Without asking the reason, Mr. Qin nodded and said, "Yes."

Su Bei and Su Xiaobao lived in the old house left by Grandma Wang. The house was left unattended for almost two months and now looked even more run-down.

"I will come in to pack some things. Dad, you wait for me at the outside, I'll finish soon." Looking at their tattered house, Su Bei reminded herself that Mr. Qin seemed to have a clean habit, so she did not invite him inside. She quickly jumped down from the car and went inside the house.

~

While Su Bei was busy inside, Qin Shao and Su Xiaobao were 'stationed' to wait outside the door.

"Did you beat Zhou Hongmei's dad using free combat?" Su Xiaobao, who had been hanging his head, asked after a bit hesitation.