Chapter One: The Beginning

July 12, 1994

Somewhere in a place unknown to many, but a few knew about. A hooded figure was walking through the forest and down the hill, as below the valley stood a big farm house. 

Along the way noises of whimpering, growling and hissing of creatures sounded all around while they hid behind every boulder and tree. Both big and small.

They were feeling some sort of power far greater than they could ever imagined from just being within its presence. But it seems the mysterious being couldn't care less about them as he just kept walking.

The beasts watched him in high alert as well as in fear, while the entity was steadily approaching a type of entrance from afar.

It was a stone flat archway and above the gate, faded Greek letters were printed across and the closer he got, the letters were shape-shifting, morphing into English letters. 

Suddenly, small noises of cooing could be heard, which caused the hooded figure to glance down. It wasn't his. No. It was a baby he was cradling within his arms, swaddled in a silk cloth.

At the time the mysterious being continued to walk towards the entryway, the baby was sucking one of its hands as it looked up at the beautiful clear blue sky with its E/C eyes.

The entity gave a low chuckle in amusement while he had a warm smile across his face. Cool breeze hitting the two, making the trees to sway and plants rustle with the winds.

When he finally arrived at the entrance, the hooded figure looked up at the flat archway to see letters reading, "Camp Half-Blood." He glanced back down once more to the child he was carrying.

"I am sorry my child." He apologized, his voice full of sympathy. "I am sorry for everything that is about to happen from this day forward."