Xu Qin looked back at him fearlessly: "Did you misunderstand? The emergency department does not do dentistry, go to the outpatient clinic."

He didn't open his mouth, on the contrary, the square-faced man was a little impatient and quick-tempered: "The clinic is not open now, what should I do?"

Xu Qin: "Endure it."

"You!" The square-faced man clenched his fists and gritted his teeth, as if making a great concession, "Then you can prescribe some painkillers."

Xu Qin leaned against the back of the chair and put her hands in her pockets: "I can't do that."

"Why can't the medicine be prescribed? You're a doctor, do you know how terrible a toothache is?!"

Xu Qin replied calmly: "It's not going to kill you."

The square-faced man thought she was being offensive and raised his voice: "What's with your tone?"

Xu Qin looked at him: "I am very patiently responding to your endless pestering."

The square-faced man was furious: "It seems like you—"

An older man came up to grab his companion and helped to smooth things over: "Doctor, there's some misunderstanding, it's because he didn't really make it clear just now, we don't have a toothache. It's not some kind of cavity, it's an injury from work, the tooth broke, could you please take a look..." Then he turned around wanting to take off the man's mask.

Xu Qin lowered her head and flipped over the medical records: "Don't take it off, as I'm not a dentist, I can't see to it."

"Can you then prescribe some medicine? For pain relief."

Xu Qin closed the medical record with a snap: "Can't prescribe. How many times do you want me to say it?"

Before she finished speaking, the square-faced man couldn't help but stride forward, pointing at Xu Qin: "Do you believe that—"

"Yang Chi!" A voice shouted coldly, it came from the man with a mask.

The muffled voice endured silently, with unusual resolution. Xu Qin lifted her eyes and glanced at him unconsciously.

It was that look again, his eyes dark and bright, staring at her.

He rose from his chair: "Sorry for the trouble."

Xu Qin did not say a word.

The man with the mask took a step, stopped, and asked faintly, "What time does the clinic open?"

Xu Qin: "Eight o'clock."

Man: "Thank you."

Xu Qin: "No need."

The man got up and walked out, but Yang Chi still would not accept it, and followed: "Captain Song, this—"

Song Yan had already walked out.

The others followed and left. Yang Chi was still angrily pointing at Xu Qin while he stomped away.

...

Yang Chi ran to catch up with Song Yan and the others, his anger has not subsided: "That doctor's damn attitude is so terrible, I must complain about her. I saw it when I first entered, the complaint book is by the right door. Jiang Yi, you come with me."

Jiang Yi sighed: "I'm just afraid it's useless to complain, this is the Third Military Hospital. People with no background can't get in. That young lady just now cost 2,580,000*, who knows what influence she has behind her."

2,580,000 is often used to describe people with money and status. They have their own way to live and are not restricted by the world. If I understood it correctly, the number signifies a trump card in mahjong. Ten thousand because in Chinese, it symbolises good luck.