Anuj smiled a painful smile.

Donna knew she has won the battle but lost the war as her words struck a painful nerve.

She was about to apologize when Anuj facetiously said....

Anuj :- I think sometimes you forget that I am your boss....

Donna :- I don't forget.....I just don't care...

They both smiled at each other and then Anuj went to his room to get ready for the meeting while Donna sat on the black leather sofa enjoying her morning coffee.

Anuj's Apartment

Donna was Anuj's secretary since the last 15 years and also has been his best friend. She was the only person apart from Devika, GK and Vikram on whom he can rely no matter what the situation is.

She is sassy, quick-witted, extremely confident about herself, determined and resourceful when she has to get things done but what Anuj admires about her the most is her loyalty whether at work or in her personal relationships. She could go to any extent for the people she loves.

Flashback (in italics)

15 years ago....

Anuj walked over to the bar of a club he usually went to after every win and today was no different.

He just cracked a huge deal for the firm he had started with his B-school friends as a partner after graduating from Wharton.

His father already had a business which expanded further internationally after his family moved to US from India. Anuj's father Mr. Manish Kapadia wanted him to join the family business but Anuj wanted to start something of his own before he joined the AK Group so that he can prove to himself that he is capable enough to handle his father's empire.

Anuj (to waiter):- Jay can I get a Macallan 18 ?

A lady walks towards him and says.....

"You know usually when someone crack a huge deal for their firm, they atleast pretend to finish the drink their fellow partners bought them."

Anuj :- I am sorry do we....

Lady:- know each other....Not yet....but today's your lucky day...

Anuj :- And why is that ?

Lady :- Because today is the day you get to meet Donna....

Anuj :- And let me guess you're Donna...

Donna :- uh huh......you have no idea how Donna I am...

Anuj :- Well Donna I am Anuj...

Saying this, Anuj forward his hand for a handshake...and Donna shook his hands and completed his sentence before he could...

Donna :- Anuj Kapadia....you really think I'd be talking to you if I didn't know who you were...