"paimon didn't get paid for being thirdwheel every single damn time." she huff to herself.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"[Y/N] [L/N], CORRECT?" the waitress asked with a book in her hand. i nodded my head. the waitress glanced towards aether, paimon and give them a smile.

"and the traveler with his little companion, paimon. you three can enter now, lady ningguang in waiting for you three inside." the waitress bowed as she opened the door for us. i thanked her and enter the fancy restaurant.

it's time for our meal together and you can say i'm more than nervous. like um? me? the ordinary girl having a meal with the liyue qixing?? what's this phenomenal????

aether give a low laugh as he saw my blanked out face before tapping my shoulders.

"ningguang doesn't bite, y'know." i give him a look. "obviously i know that but it's an understatement that i was nervous because she's the high ranked lady!" i half-whisper to him.

"i'm okay though?" i pinch his arm as he wince, "you're different from me!"

with that i walked a bit faster not really noticing aether's gaze lingering behind my back.

well if y'all are asking about paimon, she's already flew ahead because of the delicious smell that she's able to detect even from outside.

anyways, i wipe my sweaty hands due to nervousness on my shirt before knocking on the door. i heard ningguang's voice chirping, "come in."

i put on a shy yet happy smile and open the door. my smile was a little crack when i saw who's ningguang's with. can y'all guess?

lemme give you a hint.

electro vision user.
an eyepatch-like covering her side of face.
long brown hair half tied to the back.

can guess it?

it's baizhu.

jk. HECK YEAH ITS BEIDOU!

i was a little dazed, not expecting the guest. paimon clapped her hands, "oooh beidou! you're here as well!" aether poked his head in and immediately brighten at the sight of the pirate woman.

the woman laugh, "haha! what a surprise isn't it? i heard from a little birdie that ningguang found someone's rather interesting. when i found out she invited the person for a meal, i wouldn't missed it for the world, would i? haha!" she reasoned as ningguang sigh from the side.

"i hope you don't mind having this woman around for now. i couldn't have push her away.." ningguang sigh. "please have a seat."

i grin as i take a seat as well as paimon and aether. "don't worry lady ningguang! i don't mind having a fun guest around! more companion i guess?"

beidou cracked a big smile at my words, "the birdie was totally right. you're very interesting, dear! now i'm not gonna leave, so...leave me some food eh?" she nudge ningguang teasingly as the woman just blankly stare to the front.

i hold in my laugh. "i love their dynamics so much! i can't believe i'm seeing the interaction right now!"

"ha... whatever you say captain." she sigh out of defeat as the captain clapped her hands in victory.