1

The 271st Venator - "The Element"

19 BBY

          "Okay. Alright." Nasia clapped.

          "Okay."

          "Okay. So, we got the plan, right?"

          "Yes, General, but- I still don't think it was a good idea to go back to the ship. This was clearly an impulsive decision on your part."

          "It'll be fine."

          "I've gotten reports from around the galaxy that all clones turned yesterday – not just the Dynamic squad. They could be waiting for us and next thing you know, we have the entire battalion on our tails. You really need your stuff that bad?"

          Nasia Plubel and Clone Captain Tether sat face to face in one of the Venator's supply closets. He stared her down while she relayed her plan, trying to make her second-guess herself. He had enough experience working with the Jedi that he knew his tactic wasn't going to work. He didn't know why he tried.

          They both spoke in somewhat hushed tones, despite the emptiness of the maintenance hallways. "Well- Yeah." Nasia widened her eyes as if it was obvious.

          "With all due respect-" The clone stuttered. "They tried to kill us. General, they..." He swallowed hard and took a moment to look around, contemplating how he was supposed to continue. "...They killed Sajji and Master Lu-"

          Nasia cut him off with a hand in the air; something she didn't normally do out of respect. "We don't know how long this is gonna last. I don't know if it's temporary or not, but in case it's not... I have important stuff."

          "Your clothes are not that important right now."

          "Jedi stuff, Tether. Luther and the other guys called me a traitor – Now you're saying that you heard all Jedi were being called traitors so, who knows what they'll do to the artifacts on board." Nasia grunted as she pushed herself up in what little space they had and looked down, offering a hesitant hand to Tether. "Why aren't you acting like them? Did the Kaminoans... The clones... plan this from the start?"

          "No! At least if it was planned, I didn't hear anything about it..." Tether took her hand and got to his feet. "I don't know why they're acting like this,"

          Without his helmet on, Nasia could see that he wasn't his snarky, easy-going self. She didn't need the Force to recognize his anxiety or the fear in his eyes. "Just- All that pent-up rage you've built up for me over the years; let it out!" She nodded with a reassuring smile and waved her arms. "And see if you can find out anything else about what's happening."

          "Got it. I've always been good at being the distraction, eh?"

          "The best." She laughed. "How do I look?"

           Tether eyed the clone armor hanging around her figure. It was mostly white aside from the minimum dark green detailing and was almost impossible to tell who was underneath. However, he couldn't imagine how uncomfortable the rigid plastoid was against the... clear differences on her body versus the men's. "The best," He held up a thumb. "You'll be in and out, right?"

           "Yep. I'll send you a ping and I'll meet back at your ship. Just pretend to hate me and you'll be fine."

          "Trust me- It won't be that hard." Tether winked before sliding the helmet over his cropped, black hair.