A House Divided, Then Multiplied

Screen slowly fades out to a view of Grif Alex and South running down towards Lopez.

Grif: Hey, where's Sarge?

Lopez 2.0: .[Why are you asking me? You don't speak Spanish.]

Cut to a view of Sarge heading towards the duo.

Sarge: Privates. I see you've returned from your reconnaissance mission unscathed. That's disappointing. Unacceptable. Especially for Grif's return.

Lopez 2.0: [Man... What is this guy's beef with you?]

Sarge: So, what information have you recovered?

Alex: Uh, that the Blues aren't up to anything and that you're a paranoid old man bordering on senility.

Sarge: Uh huh. I'll take that into consideration Private. But how about we hear from our more competent soldier? ...Simmons?

South: He's with the Blues.

Sarge: With- the Blues?

Grif: Yeah. He seemed really eager to stay at their base for some reason.

Sarge: Huhh. Well, I suppose it was only a matter of time.

Grif: A matter of time?

Sarge: Yep. I knew this day would come.

Grif: Really? You knew Simmons would eventually wanna leave the Red Team?

Alex: Didn't he leave Red Team before?

Grif: Ya but that was on Sarge. Also because of a tank. But this time I think he left becuse of South.

South: Asshole. Simmons left because of you Grif.

Grif: Are you sure that's why Simmons would want to leave Red Team?

Sarge: Leave Red Team? Grif, are you even paying attention?

Grif: I mean, not really, I just th- I'd-

Sarge: First they build a giant robot. Then they capture my second in command. It's just as I had predicted! The enemy has finally shown its true colors! And that color is pound zero zero zero zero eff eff!

Grif: What?

Sarge: Blue! Blue! It's Red vs. Blue all over again!

Alex : No, Sarge, they didn't capture him-

Sarge: Can you believe it? Posing as our allies only to stab us in the back years after our conflict, had seemingly ended! They've pulled off the most elaborate ruse in the history of simulated military combat.

Grif: I-

Sarge: I mean really! How far back did they start planning this thing?

South: You're not listening!

Sarge: Like, did they know about all the Freelancers from the beginning?

Grif: Sarge.

Sarge: And what about Church? For years they told us he was a ghost, but then he was an ancient artifact or something and there were aliens involved I don't know. Sometimes I wonder just how deep this rabbit hole goes.

Grif: Stop.

Sarge: It's almost like all of this is some sort of sick game!

Sarge turns to look at the camera as he says this