Return to the Past Part 2

Thanatos

I needed a way out of this. I needed to save my beloved—in this state of degradation she will not remember me. I need to make it seem like we have only just met, in truth we have known each other for a long time—way back before she was trapped so long ago.

I made time clones—two of them. One looked like a younger version of me, and one looked like a younger version of my fallen sister from ages past. As an afterthought I made a third slightly older clone—five years older should do it and sent them to the mirror Earth. One thousand years should do it.

"Thanatos! Go with them. The time limit is a thousand years. And make sure that you have a cover story to tell Bergynia—say you can give her body back—save her from dying. She does not know that she is living the same worst day of her life–when she lost to Finn—for ten thousand years. Make the device—the Primal Fulcrum with the pieces I provide. Make him think she produced it. It will restore some sanity—enough for the degradation to stop. You are a Time Lord-Mist Lord Hybrid just like him so getting me to come back to you in one-thousand years should be easy. I will then restore him to his former self—remove the eleven-thousand-years that ravages her mind and make her sane again. It has side effects. She will not remember the past life she had with me, so I need to start from the beginning—on a journey to the past to recover her memories bit by bit. Right now, she is a blank slate so melding her into what we need her to will be easy. We need to make her the true hero, not the fake Hero—Finn Termini." I telepathically sent the command to my clone, Sub-Thanatos, the future Steve Ryan Parasite as time foretells. For secrecy everything must be assured.

"You got it boss—can I tell my wife what's going on—Alexis would want to know why I'd leave for a thousand years to save your wife and my best friend."

"No—nobody can know our plan. Not even me!" Not at least for a thousand years. Just in case Finn tries to kill Time Lords to read my mind with more stolen time lord energy."

Sub-Thanatos nodded and went through a portal.

I blasted my head to forget and then everything faded to white....

"And that's what happened!"

"That's not several chapters, which was maybe one chapter at best." Bergynia whined. She was back to her old self—semi annoying but now fully sane. She had her analytical reasoning and comedy bits still—that would never change.

I gave her a warm embrace. I did not want this feeling to end. We were back together after eleven-thousand years. All was right in the world. There really was no point in telling a long story about nothing if we got everything done before the first act even began. This... It is just one long prologue.

Demon Chronicles Book 2 Form Ability and Power --- The Instinct of Kingsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें