Chapter 13

2024- Avengers Compound

"Tony, I swear to god this better be good if you're summoning me out of my sleep!" I yelled as I walked into the lab with an annoyed look on my face and a coffee in my hand.

"I promise it's worth it." I heard Tony's voice from around the corner and I rolled my eyes.

"It fuck-oop" I stopped myself from swearing when my eyes landed on a very small human who I could only assume was Morgan but I wasn't sure considering she never visited the compound.

"Hey, language!" Tony half joked but I just shrugged.

"How was I supposed to know you were coming with a tiny human today?" I asked as I approached Tony who was holding the little girl with a huge grin on her face.

"Well, Morgan here wanted to meet her favourite superhero." my eyes widened in shock, not because I was surprised at the sentiment but because I was in disbelief that I could be anyone's favourite superhero.

"Is that right?" I asked Morgan and she nodded.

"Yeah, Dad said you were alive again and I wanted to meet you." Morgan said very nonchalantly and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Well, he isn't wrong, I'm right here, you can ask me anything you like." I poked the little girl in the side and she giggled shyly.

"Can I see them?" Morgan asked and I could only assume she meant my claws. I looked at Tony for approval before answering and he nodded his head.

"Okay but only from where you are, okay?" Morgan nodded excitedly as she jumped down from her father's embrace and I kneeled down in front of her but not getting too close.

"Okay, 1...2...3." I extracted my claws and Morgan's face lit up like the fourth of July.

"Dad, oh my god, it's so cool!"

"Yeah sweetheart, she kicks bad guys' butts with them." Tony kneeled down also so he could see from his daughter's level.

"So cool." Morgan drawed out the word cool and I smiled, she really was adorable.

"Thanks little Stark." Morgan smiled at the nickname.

All of a sudden Morgan started running up to me and I quickly retracted my claws so I could hug her. As soon as her little body entered my embrace I lifted her up and held her in the same manner Tony did when I had initially walked in.

"You saved Dad, right?" Morgan asked and I nodded.

"She saved everyone, kiddo." Tony chimed in.

"Thank you." Morgan wrapped her arms around my neck and nuzzled her face into my shoulder.

My heart melted at the action and I held the little girl with a smile on my face. It was interesting being someone's hero, I never thought I would be but seeing how much Morgan looked up to me changed the way I felt about being a hero in the first place.

"Can I hang out with Julia for the day?" Morgan asked Tony and he looked at me for approval.

"I'm cool with it, if dad is?"

"Sure kid, if that's okay?" I nodded indicating it was all good.

"Great, c'mon little Stark, you're with me for the day." Morgan screamed 'yay' as I ran out of the lab with her in my arms. The last thing I heard was Tony telling us to stay out of trouble.

When we got out into the hall I swung Morgan around and placed her on my shoulders so it was easier to walk around. Morgan loved it up there as we walked around the compound going through all the rooms until we ended up in the training room.