Chapter 13

2017- Eze, France

"Steve?" I said as soon as the dial tone stopped.

"Julia, are you okay?" I heard his voice and it was almost relieving.

"Yeah, I'm good, it's Nat."

"I got a weird call from her today and it was the first I've heard from her in a month, she said she needed help and to call you." I said looking over at Wanda who looked just as worried as I sounded.

Steve loudly sighed before he answered me which was 10 times more worrying, it meant he was hiding something from me.

"I didn't want to tell you this but Nat turned her tracker off a month and a half ago" I felt my blood boil.

"Why the hell would you keep that from me?!"

"I'm sorry. I felt like you were still working on yourself and I didn't want to worry you too much." he explained and I took a deep breath.

"Did Sam know?"

"No, I kept it from him." I nodded and let the anger dissipate from my veins.

"Okay, this isn't the point right now, the point is that we need to help Nat so when is the earliest you can get here?"

"Earliest, tomorrow afternoon." Steve said and I was satisfied with that.

"Okay, we'll see you then. Same place you dropped us off at." I hung up after that not really wanting to hear Steve's answer; I was furious at him but I didn't have the time to be.

I huffed and moved to sit on the couch beside Wanda as she waited for me to tell her what was up.

"Steve neglected to tell me that Nat turned her tracker off over a month ago around the same time she stopped talking to me." I told Wanda and her worried look only increased.

"I understand why Steve did it but I still hate it." Wanda moved to sit on my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I know how much Natasha means to you so Steve not sharing that with you is not okay but we're gonna help her." Wanda said as she moved the hair out of my eyes.

"It's worrying, Nat never asks for help and the fact that she did just means this is all the more serious."

"Everything will be okay, I promise, Nat will be okay and we'll help her and everything will be fine." she said trying to ease me and it was working.

"I'm sorry we have to leave."

"Don't apologize, these last two days made everything worth it, we're both ready to go back to it." Wanda kissed my lips quickly and smiled.

"Are you nervous to see Nat?" Wanda asked.

"Not nervous, more worried, I'm more focused on her being okay than how I feel about her right now you know?" I explained and Wanda nodded.

"Very fair."

"I wish I knew what was happening." I said tapping Wanda's leg so I could stand up.

"You'll know soon, you know Nat as well, she is very capable of protecting herself." Wanda was right; once again, Natasha was one of the strongest people I know, she wouldn't go down without a war.

I sighed and walked over to the deck to have a moment to myself. I sat on one of the patio chairs and looked out at the water for the last time in probably a very long while. I couldn't believe it was time to go back but I knew I couldn't stay here while Natasha needed me, I would never forgive myself and Wanda would also agree. I just wish I had more time to explore this side of Wanda and I but I had no one to blame for that but myself, I waited way too long, I was lucky Wanda liked me enough to still give me the chance.