Chapter 5: Free Solo

Start from the beginning

Clay Jensen: So, are you kidnapping me?

Tony Padilla: Did you kidnap Courtney?

Clay Jensen: I had a purpose.

Tony Padilla: So do I.

Tony drives him out of Evergreen County and into the wood. Back at Liberty, everyone left they gym as Alex stayed behind. Jessica comes back to check on Alex.

Jessica: Alex. Are you okay?

Alex Standall: Yeah, yeah. Don't worry about it.

Jessica Davis: It's all this shit with the tapes, isn't it? If all that just went away, you'd be fine.

Alex Standall: Yeah, but how does all that just go away? Besides, it's only gonna get worst if Hannah wakes up. If Clay doesn't say anything, she will.

Justin & Zach return to gym.

Justin Foley: What the hell, Jess? You coming or not?

Jessica Davis: In a minute. I'm talking to Alex.

Justin Foley: Oh, about what?

Alex Standall: About how much she misses me. About how much better of a boyfriend I am than you. How she wishes she never broke up with me. How you smell bad.

Jessica Davis: Alex, come on!

Justin Foley: Fuck you, Alex.

Alex Standall: What? It's totally true. She was like, "Justin smells bad." I was like, "I know."

Jessica Davis: I did not say that.

Justin Foley: You're a funny guy, Standall.

Alex Standall: No, you're funny, Justin. With the "Let's end the little bastard"? What is that about?

Justin Foley: It's about protecting ourselves.

Alex Standall: From what?

Justin Foley: From Hannah's lies.

Alex Standall: But did she lie? 'Cause I'm really not sure. 'Cause she told the truth about me.

Alex leaves the gym as Zach goes with him. Justin sits down on the bleachers next to Jessica.

Justin Foley: You know he's full of shit, right? He's a fucking liar.

Jessica Davis: He's not a liar. He can be a pain in the ass, but he's a good person. He's never lied to me.

Justin Foley: Well, good for him.

Jessica Davis: He's got a point you know. "Let's end the little bastard"? Do you really think that's a good idea? If Hannah wakes up, she's gonna know that we had something to do with it.

Justin Foley: Exactly, if she wakes up.

Tony & Clay arrive to their destination. Clay has no idea why Tony brought him here.

Clay Jensen: Is this like your idea of some twisted version of wilderness therapy?

Tony Padilla: Not a nature lover?

Clay Jensen: I love nature, especially in pictures in books.

Tony takes out a rope from the trunk as Clay wonders why he has a rope.