7. Life and Death

Start from the beginning

It was definitely not a voice I had heard before.

A car came into my view and I realized he might intend on taking me somewhere.

I froze as a I came to the realization, I was being kidnapped!

My eyes scanned the road for any sign of help, but this street was much quieter since it was mostly residential. I looked up at my apartment building, thinking I was too close to reaching home.

Too close.

Another man came into my view, he looked to be in his late twenties or thirties and was dressed in all black, probably to blend into the night.

He had light brown hair and hazel eyes. His muscles popped out of his shirt, his physique reminded me of the guards at the castle.

His hand held out to open the car door, "Xavier, hurry the fuck up," he seemed impatient as his eyes landed on me for a few seconds before looking at the person behind me.

"Not my fault, man," Xavier, the one who was holding me captive, said, "she's much stronger to be a human."

I let out a final scream, putting all my force into it. Just as he tried to stop the noise from escaping my lips, his hold around me slipped for a fraction of a second and I took that chance to stab my elbow into his chest. I heard a noise that sounded like a cough or a painful cry. His arms around me suddenly vanished, dropping me onto the floor.

My lungs filled up with as much air as possible as I felt like I could breathe again.

But I knew it wasn't time to breathe in relief just yet.

Immediately, I stood up onto my feet but the guy who was holding the car door reached out to grab my arm before I could make a run for it.

He pulled me back harshly as I heard the two men talking back and forth to tame me and planning their next move. But it all sounded like a background noise to me.

All the negative thoughts that I was holding back suddenly won and washed over my brain.

Is this how I was going to die?

Just when I thought I had a chance at life again, it was being snatched away from me yet again.

Was I truly not meant for peace and happiness?

I cursed my life for being so cruel.

However, just when I thought there was no hope for me, I heard a third voice.

"Get your fucking dirty hands off her," the Vampire King ordered, "before I chop them off and feed them to you."

A look of pure shock took over my kidnappers' faces, I took this opportunity to free myself and hurriedly step away from them, as far back as possible.

I looked to my right to see Damien standing there, but I couldn't help but notice there was something different about him. His posture was usually calm and collected, beaming with confidence. Now he looked stiff and ready to battle, but he also looked terrified at the same time.

His golden eyes, which were shooting daggers at the strangers, shifted towards me and that was when I realized he wasn't terrified of them, he was scared because of me. Or rather, for me.

"It's the king," the guy who was holding me a second ago said to his partner.

The two men instantly shifted to face Damien, their attention now fully on his stance. They looked ready to defend themselves if a fight was to break out, they didn't seem scared of him.

If anything, it seemed like they hated him. There wasn't any hint of respect when Xavier announced the king's presence.

"King or not, let's just finish him right here. Why go through all the unnecessary bullshit when he's standing right in front of us?" Xavier cracked his neck to the side and looked straight into Damien's eyes.