Part 3

Chap 3.
Several weeks went for Imlie to learn the skills of an assistant. She would always be on her toes and she does not mind that. It will keep her busy and away from even thinking about the hell house. She learned quite few things about Aryan ji. He is this tough guy, but she saw the way he treats women at his work. If any mistake was made he would explain them very kindly instead of shouting at them. He would help any women in distress, once  at work she saw woman come to work with swollen eyes like she had cried whole night. She knew because she is one of that woman herself. When Aryan noticed her during meeting , he took her aside and talked to her. By end of day, there was change on that woman face, a gloomy face became a face that had no worries anymore as if morning never happened.  He was gentle with Imlie and friendly. He was quite man but he would always made sure Imlie felt comfortable. He did not have any family from what she knows, not many friends either, a strict workholic. He would be stern to his employees but he had that undertone of kindess or maybe only Imlie saw that. She even noticed Aryan doesn't like Aadtiya much his thought process but he feels a newspaper should have all kind of journalist with different opinions even if Aryan did not agree with those, even regressive ones and Tripathi was one of them.
One afternoon, Aryan took Imlie with him to see a client to note any details during  meeting. After the client left, Aryan asked Imlie if she doesnt mind he would like to stop for lunch. While they waited for order, "So Imlie, as you know am not man of many words, but i must say your training has been successful i know its only been few weeks but i would like you to stay. I like you. You picked up very fast, and one thing i loved about you is your hunger to learn. " He smiles. Rarely , he smiles which Imlie know of him. "Thank you Sir. Your encouragement and your kindness made me so comfortable i did not feel pressured . You let me be , you did not micromanage thank you for that sir" she smiled back. 
"So have you been around the city?" He asked while he sipped water.
"No , unfortunately . "
"Why not, you are newly married?" Exclaimed Aryan.
"Lets say, life does not always work the way you want Sir. And plus , he is always busy with work and I dont want to trouble him" of course she couldnt tell the truth but she still gave a smile. The man infront of her was so different then the men she had in her life. When her boss comes in front of her , she just breaks in to a smile. The sheer personality of this man always bought a smile to her world she did not know the reason but just in few weeks she felt drawn to him. She wanted to befriend him, know him more, she can see past in those eyes.

In just 6 months, Imlie had made a mark but at home was different story. One night Aadtiya sneak up on her when she was rummaging through her closet. She winced when he hold her waise from back rather roughly, he whispered , "Imlie, I cannot wait anymore. I been good man past months, we are married we need to move forward." Imlie was scared , what marriage when did he ever sat down and talked to her? He still would hit her randomly, so much so once in anger he pushed her and she fell hitting the night table. There is a scar on forehead near her left eyebrow as a reminder of this monster.
He turned her around , holding her cheeks " you are so different at work, it makes more crazy for you. Your cheeks, i just want lick you." He traced his finger from her cheek to nape of her neck. She was shivering because she was scared, she softly said " I am not ready Aaditya, please first we need to understand each other , spend time to know each other" before she could finish her sentence " he again turned her around in anger and pushed her against the closet. The knob was pushing into her gut. She was in pain , " please its hurting"
"Hurting? I am hurt! I let you work! What about that? I went against family, so you come closer to me. Isnt that enough for you?! " he had twisted her behind her back and her other arm was in his hold.
Now wincing and sobbing in pain, " the knob is hurting me please"
He slid her away from closet and pushed her against the wall. He pulled kaameez from the neck, teard exposing her back. He blew her back.
"Please dont!!! " when he ignored her pleas, Imlie gathered courage and yelled, " You want me rape me then do so but remember you will be f***king a live dead body wouldnt that boil your blood??? Aisa kon karat rahe pata haina , na mard " clenching her teeth she sobbed. He grabbed her hair and banged her head against the wall and left.
Imlie was glad that whatver she said had affected him, atleast he wont bother her for another month. She slid down the wall and wept. She did not want to feel sorry for herself, she was happy that she fought today. She wants to run away and run away she will. She been saving money from her salary. She would get paid 15 thousand rupees out of that only 2 thousand was given back to her- courtesy the monster in her life.

She wanted to collect enough, so she could leave the hell house and leave on her own and divorce the kukkur.