"I know Madison, I know," Steve hummed into my hair. "Now how about we go to bed?" 

I pulled away from Steve knowing he was kindly asking me to go back to my room. "I'll see you later," I smiled sadly. I really don't want to go to bed but I also know Steve will refuse to leave me alone if I stayed up.

"Madison where are you going?" I turned back to Steve confused.

"Back to my room."

"Nope," Before I could even react my feet were no longer on the ground and I'm now in Steve's arms.

"Steve what are you doing?" I whispered alarmed.

"I'm not letting you sleep alone," he whispered back.

"You don't need to do that. I'm fine," I protested trying to wriggle out of his strong arms.

"Nonsense you're sleeping in here and I promise I'm doing this because I want to." From what I can remember Steve is a stubborn son of a bitch, so I gave up trying to fight as he laid down in bed with me still in his arms. I reluctantly settled into his embrace and laid my head on his shoulder while he held me tight. I tried not to but I could feel the lack of a goodnight's sleep catching up to me.

I actually fell asleep, without nightmares plaguing me, after all these years I forgot how comforting it was to lay in the arms of someone I care about. The next morning I woke up completely alone, I would've thought this morning was just a dream except I was in a different bed and there was a picture of Steve, Bucky, and I on the table next to the bed.

I looked at that picture and I vaguely remember when it was taken. I think we were at an amusement park, we took it right before we made Steve ride something called the Cyclone. I don't know what a Cyclone is, but I remember it made Steve sick.

I sat up confused, the bed was cold meaning Steve has been gone for a while. I swept the covers off me and let my feet dangle off the bed. I was about to go back to my room when I suddenly smelt something I haven't smelt in a very long time.

"Is that bacon?" I murmered to myself. I decided to go investigate the smell and walked out of Steve's room.

I quietly crept towards the smell walking further down the hallway. I got to the end of the hallway and stopped, just in case it was a trap. I peeked around the corner to see something I never thought I would see again. I walked around the corner and quietly walked toward Steve and Bucky who were too busy making breakfast to notice me behind them. "Since when have you boys learned to cook?" I said suddenly speaking up.

Both men spun around clearly startled by my sudden appearance. "My god Madison you nearly gave me a heart attack," Bucky exclaimed as he clutched his heart with one hand with a pan of bacon in the other.

"Sorry, old habits die hard," I apologized, I'm so used to creeping around everywhere but to my surprise instead of being mad Steve started laughing.

"Bucky you are a trained assassin and super soldier with enhanced hearing, how did she startle you?" Steve chuckled as he nudged Bucky.

"Hey, that's not fair, she scared you too," Bucky whined as he nudged Steve back. This seems so familiar, like something similar has happened before. But no memories came to mind which makes me sad.

"Where did you two learn to cook? From what I remember I did all the cooking," I asked hoping either of them would tell me something more about our past together, a past I barely remember.

"Tony forced Natasha to teach me how to cook after I nearly burnt down the tower trying to make an omelet. And you are right you did all the cooking, back then Bucky and I were horrible cooks and nearly burnt down a cabin once." Steve explained as they both turned back to the stove.