thirty seven

"You look nice," the boy smiled weakly, not caring that he currently stood in the middle of the road. "Beautiful, even."

Hana's mouth could not close even if she tried, but her hand instinctively went back to grab a hold of the door handle. "Mother, open up."

"No," the older woman said from behind the door. "Post the car keys through the letterbox."

Hana protested, the two bickering as she began to desperately chap the front door.

Sunwoo watched, chuckling ever so slightly. If there was anything he had grown to love about Chun Hana, it was just how stubborn she was. He once hated it.

Giving up, she turned on her heels to look at the boy again, disbelief in her eyes. "I waited for you."

"I know," Sunwoo smiled sadly. "I waited, too. I just wanted to surprise you."

"You didn't show up, you ignored me," Hana furrowed her eyebrows. "Now you're here?"

"Yeah," he shrugged, stepping forward. It was then that Hana looked past his beautiful face to see he was dressed in a shirt and that silly little bow tie. "I'm here."

The girl stayed silent, her lips forming a straight line. She had so many questions, but his eyes made it hard to focus on anything other than them.

"I'm here," he repeated, looking over his shoulder. "For good."

"'For good'?" She tilted her head to the side.

"We moved back," he chuckled, the girls face growing softer. "My mother is going to work with yours at her company, they can afford to stay, thanks to your mother."

Unbeknown, the woman stood behind the door with a smile as she heard the two converse outside.

"Really?" She choked out, the boy surely approaching as her feet stayed still.

"Really..." Sunwoo nodded, grabbing the girls hands as he placed his forehead against hers. "It took being many pavements away from you for me to realise how much I love you."

Hana's once clenched eyes were now open, pulling back to look at the boy with wide eyes.

"Now there's only one," he shrugged, smiling. "I prefer it that way."

"There's two pavements, actually," Hana replied, pointing at the one at her side versus his, the boy rolling his eyes as he pulled her closer. "My side and yours."

"Okay then, smartass," Sunwoo bickered, putting on his puppy eyes. "Is that all you have to say to me?"

Hana nodded slowly, watching his lip pout as she smirked. "I love you more, idiot."

"That's more like it," he placed a kiss to her forehead. "Now, let's go."

"Where?" Hana groaned, looking down at her dress.

Sunwoo chuckled, looking adoringly at the girl who wore that pretty frown upon her face. He remembered the first time he saw her in this dress, and she was somehow even more beautiful.

Maybe that's because he fell in love, or maybe she was always this striking.

He continued to walk backwards down the pavement, letting go of her hand as he shoved his hands in his suit pockets, his eyes inviting her with him.

"Somewhere we can dance," Sunwoo smiled cheekily. "Don't be disappointed, I'm not as good as Lee Juyeon."

"Oh, you shit-" Hana protested his cheeky remark, picking up her dress as she chased after him.

Finally catching up to him a few streets away, the two chuckled at their dishevelled state.

"I don't care if you aren't as good as him at dancing," Hana started, her eyebrows furrowing as he placed a finger to her lips.

Sunwoo shook his head. "I was joking."

"But it's true," she continued as he intertwined their fingers, the girl babbling as they walked. "In my eyes, you're the best at everything - after me."

"That's the Hana I know," he chuckled, smiling down at her.

In that moment, the girl couldn't help but smile back up at him.

He was golden under the dimming sun. Today wasn't the brightest day, but he seemed to make it that way. "You're my favourite person, you know that?"

"Imagine if five year old you could hear you now," Sunwoo laughed. "She wouldn't believe you."

"Yeah..." Hana chuckled, her eyes still drawing over the beautiful boy. "I think maybe she might have."

               ❀✿*❀✿*❀✿*❀✿*❀✿*