thirty two

Even if it were just a summer fling, Hana would have been grateful for even spending this time with Kim Sunwoo.

She couldn't believe that she would ever say that, even to herself.

In such a short time, she had really grown fond of the boy.

He wasn't perfect, but the girl found it strange to think that maybe he was perfect for her all along.

"You wanna know something?" Sunwoo asked, tilting his head over as the two lay in the grass.

The boy didn't realise how big Hana's back garden was, her mother had taken great care of it. He ought to tell her that.

"What?" Hana hummed, clasping her hands upon her stomach.

"When Sunhee dumped me..." he started, the girl looking over instantly. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Well," the girl shrugged. "It's just not something I want to hear about, really."

"Cute," he huffed, the girl looking up at the sky again as he smiled to himself. "She told me that she didn't want to be together because she saw the way I looked at you that night."

Hana's breathing slowed a little, memories of his party flooding back.

"I, of course, argued that it was because you were so pitiful," Sunwoo said, earning a smack on the arm from the girl as she chuckled. "But I don't know. I guess she gave me a bit to think about."

"You 'guess'?" The girl turned on her side, leaning her head upon her elbow as she looked down at the boy.

Sunwoo stopped for a minute, chuckling lightly as he looked at the girl.

In the summer breeze, her cheeks were flushed and freckly, her hair a bit of a mess but it was okay. To Sunwoo, he was sure she only kept looking better. "My turn."

"Huh?" The boy was dumbfounded, drawing his eyes from the circles he had drew upon her face.

"A confession," Hana shrugged, the boy taking her free hand. "I guess I always knew life without you would be miserable."

"Even when I made it miserable?" Sunwoo pondered, smiling cheekily at the girl.

"I guess," she mocked him, staring at him as he looked unreal under the sunlight. "Hmm."

The boy placed his hands behind his head, his usual arrogant expression wiping over his face. "'Hmm' what?"

"Have you always been this handsome?" Hana asked rhetorically, shrugging when she saw his confident smirk. "Never mind, I won't be one of those girls who can't tell the difference between a good looking man and an arrogant one."

"Oh, really?" The boy chuckled, moving so that now he hovered over her. "You mean that?"

Hana tilted her head, certain that she had never seen something so beautiful. "Once upon a time, I did."